Zoo Lynx discussion

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by aj2four0, Sep 20, 2004.

1. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

Webcyclery is having a sale on them.. 425 for frame and fork.

I have a buddy who is 5'7", currently riding an x-alp. He's considering buying it, but i was hoping for some feedback from people who have riden them.

1) He feels slightly cramped on the x-alp. Is the lynx any longer?
    2) How have people liked this frame?, there hasn't been much discussion on this board regardign it.

There are only 3 trials riders around us here in Peoria, so we can't really 'hop' on multi8ple frames and get a feel for all of them. So, let me know what you think of the lynx, thanks.

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Its a very old frame, fashioned after the monty x-lite...my favorite mod frame.

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

one of the guys i ride with has one and it rides better than the various x-lites i have messed around with- just my opinion. it has a small crack developing on the downtube/headtube junction but it has taken a lot of aggresive riding and has done well for him (if it matters hes a pro level rider who does lots of high stress ballsy moves). if your friend is getting this good of a deal on it then i would say jump on it and enjoy the bike. it will be similar to the x-alp hes on now- its not drastically longer but i do think it will ride much much better.

4. AndyT

AndyT New Member

It will definetely ride completely different- in a good way, but it is by no means along koxx or echo team style...I say go for it, will ride great.

5. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

do u know if its longer at all? i can't seem to find wb measurements for the lynx... (thanks for the replys btw, your very helpful as always.)

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I would assume its a bit longer than the x-alp.

i rode an x-hydra to start on , the x-lite is miles beyond that bike (and the x-hydra is above the x-alp, so he'll love it).

7. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i was playing around on a lynx in the weekend. i'm about 6' and it felt just a bit too small for me, but i liked it a lot. roomier than an x-alp for sure. i was testing a few sport sections with no traction, slippery ass everywhere, undergrowth, broken sticks, logs on the side of a hill. it did pretty well, better than i expected. i threw it places and it went there.

8. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

One of my friends has a Lynx. It appears to be identical to my old (2000) X-Lite. The X-Lite is short compared to the newer mods, but that is not necessarily bad. I like the way I can throw the X-Lite around.

Next time you are in the Cincy area you need to come out to my place. I have an X-Lite, Zebdi, Team (Long), and Pure (Long). You could try out my bikes to get a feel for what some of the different bikes feel like.

9. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

woow, no shit, i had no idea u were in cincy. I'm up in the mason area, but i'll definantly get ahold of you when i'm back in town, if you want to email/pm me ur contact info, that'd b awesome. I'll b home sometime in late october i think, and i'm looking to get a new frame soon, so trying a few out would b awesome. Thanks!