ZOO! hub

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by bylsma, Sep 17, 2004.

1. bylsma

bylsma New Member

<LI>We just got this: [​IMG]

the first prototype of trials free hub, Very special design, has more than 200 engagement pionts.

Wait for more news to come.
    <LI>I just found this on the Zoo! site . 200+ engagements? Are they fucking kidding?

2. Elan

Elan steve french

who cares, it looks gay and it says zoo.....

ahaha, that statement will piss so many people off....

"hmmm, i wonder if it will be built as well as say...a chris king?"

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

my echo hub has one engagement point. my stealth hubs have lots more than that zoo. my king is the shit.

im sure that design is very special though. my mom says im special too! tee heee. no body listen to me, cold meds are making me loooopy

4. enron

enron Guest

Its a clone betwen a shimano Silent Clutch and Kriss King !

5. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

I dont think stealths alike silent clutchs even have engagement points. If they were better disigned (silent clutch that is, stealth could be alot better. But still not the greatest[so I have hear])roller clutchs would engage absolutely instant. All they use for an engagment mechanism is a band which is attatched to your free hub body and this wraps around a cylender which is attatched to the capscrew which initially drives the hub shell.
    So really, there is no actuall point of engagement, they will basically engage when ever you put pressure on the pedal.
    But because of the minute ammount of slack that occurs from this band tightening it's self around the barrel, there is slack in your drive train.
    Neat idea, once I found out this is how they were designed I bought a king without thinking of the costs. Thats a bit sketchy unless they create some awesome roller clutch that will take trials abuse. None the less, king is the way to go. So what ever.
    -I was talking about silent clutch's by the way, I dont know how stealths are designed. I thought they used roller clutchs as well.

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

stealths are very similar to silent cluthes on paper and in theory but they are much much nicer. they feel solid in the engagement and have proven to be quite reliable for 4x racers and such. they got my stamp of approval for sure.

7. cogmog

cogmog Member

check out the new pitbull http://www.zoobike.com/index-1.htm ....I like mine (last years model) !...I polished it with some super fine steel wool, looks like a coust, but still dosent ride like one!

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I for one am not interested, for several reasons.

Would an 'instand engagement' hub like that even ride good...? I dont think so.

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

More hubs the better dipshits. All you people do is bag everything new that comes out, then complain about not having a big selection later.

10. Elan

Elan steve french

i could really care less about hub selection.... only need one hub. trusy, 2 year old C K .

11. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Very true elan. Someone may want the extra engange points that the trusty perfect king doesn't have and could possibly be for less money.. Having said that - I love my king.

12. kamil

kamil Guest

<3 CK its all i need

13. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

my echo hub doesn't have any engagement points. the fucker just stripped right out and now spins around. if it's made with as shitty metal as the echo hub is, and if it's made as shitty (EG MACHINED RIGHT OFF FUCKING CENTRE) then i'm not even going to look at it.

the only good things that echo/zoo make are frames and bars. and their business practice is so shitty they don't even deserve to be a company. fuck them all, my ACS with a locked shimano is 10000x better than their stupid hub.

14. Elan

Elan steve french

my new $500 talon hub has 0 engagement points.... thats what im talking about.

15. Lil RomEo

Lil RomEo New Member

I hope they make a lime green one.

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

hahahaha! oh yea

17. felix

felix New Member

Here's a pic of the inside:

[​IMG]

18. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Hmm, looks like 7 or 8 seperate pawls, engaging one at a time, with really small teeth in the ratchet (about 40 of em) = probable death (unless theyve got some new super-material).

19. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

"you go first"

20. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Couldnt have put it better :)