your sponsors

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by trialser, Nov 2, 2004.

1. trialser

trialser New Member

Hey what kind of sponsors do you guys have? Like any shoe companys or anything? Anyone sponsored by vans? im really looking for sponsors and cant seem to find any. thanks

2. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

who have you talked to? how did you go about it? what are you asking them for? what are you promising them? what can you offer them?

it all comes down to money. you have to be able to prove to a company that you will increase their sales.

3. Dr Game

Dr Game Guest

heh... i'm sponsered by a snow blowing company = pathetic

I'm looking to get a real bike one or something

4. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Red bull, urban outfitters, amoeba music and DK bicycles sponsor me.

Oh, so does honda. I'm on the racing team, it's sweet.

5. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Uhh for trials- Pump and Pedal. My LBS.

For BMX - Pump and Pedal/co-DK. However, new sponsor is in teh WORKZ

6. Dr Game

Dr Game Guest

oh i forgot, for racing... I'm trying to get something with idun

7. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

im sponsored by myself. its rad cus i get to ride my bike and have fun and not worry about impressing the pants off girls by listing a ton of so called sponsors to them at wild CU parties i attend so frequently and binge drink myself to death at.

seriously though- webcyclery has done amazing help for me and i cant thank them enough.

8. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

i dont get a fucking sponser that doesnt involve biketrials . anyone here wnats to sponser me ? .. ill uhm .. increase your .. problems? ... ;p

9. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

my sponsor is called "thze own pocket"
    I dont recommend it though

[​IMG]

seriously though
    How does the sponsor thing work, do they tell you where and when to ride?
    Or is it like "wear our shirts and spread the word on us"?

10. netto

netto New Member

where are my free stickers?

11. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

it depends on the terms. with trials, the riders main sponsor might have demos set up for the rider, in which case the rider wants to go to because they get paid.

some grass roots deals simply involve "wearing the shirt, and passing the word"

12. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Sponsors? Um....my LBS....i.e. work...so that doesn't really count, LOL.

I have/had some for both of my cars, and a couple for my motorcycle. Sponsorship is fun if you break parts, or actually are ACTIVE AS HELL in the scene...otherwise, it's not quite worth it IMO if you're just recreational. Parts at cost, once in a blue moon you get free stuff, for being a companies bitch (not really if you're really active in the scene) so you can brag about having a sponsor....no thanks....

13. Elan

Elan steve french

14. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i'm getting paid to do a few demos during the summer. i think it's from subaru but i recall that from a drunk night in a pub so i'm probably quite wrong.

15. Elan

Elan steve french

get a sti

16. ty

ty Guest

west side cycle and finess is my "sponsor" in that they give me good discounts and some free stuff to wear and i spend my money there and tell people about the shop, though it is not a true sponsorship as one might consider it to be

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  17. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

can I have a Four Pack? I'd like it in burgandy. :x:

18. evan

evan Guest

Wells Fargo account number... well, that's not important.

19. Peace

Peace pedocrab

I could have gotten sponsored by px (in Oz) but i said no in a nice way.... when i really wanted to say "NO! Planet-X is Pathetic!, cannot back up what they put on their website, and i have cracked 3 of your frames! when im only 60kg! they also do stupid shit like put a disk tab on their trials frames, but say no its not covered under warranty! but they dont even know what a warranty is because they wont honour it!"
    Dont get me started on brisa....whats that? six months i have been waiting for some new forks??

Sorry, had to vent a bit there. Yeh theres ppl sponsored in oz but they still pay for stuff and just have to pimp the product. Kitepower and Middleburn sponsor me! hehe
    Peace

20. Elan

Elan steve french

wtf is kite power