your helmets

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by daveanscombe, Nov 26, 2004.

1. daveanscombe

daveanscombe Guest

i

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  2. Echorider316

Echorider316 New Member

Your choices are:
    - Skate/BMX helmet: Hotter in the summer, supposedly better protection. Make sure it is certified for bikes.
    - Mountain helmet: Much better ventilation, bit more pricy. This is what I like to wear, I find them much more comfortable.

I would suggest buying them from ur local bike shop. That way you can try them on.

3. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Kinda. Try them on at your LBS then buy them online. much cheaper.

4. Echorider316

Echorider316 New Member

If you want your LBS to still be there so you can try stuff on, i suggest you buy something from them every so often.;)

5. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

bmx-alot tougher, you can wail it againest a rock and still wear it where the mountain helmets are weaker and usually can take one good blow

also with pro-tec if you slam your head into a pole or something and cause it damage you can send it back for a new one for like 5 bucks for shipping or something

6. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

I've had my protec helmet for over 4 years now, it's the faux carbon one, it looks awesome. Has saved my head a few times, and though the foam pads are super worn and gross, it's still great. Yeah, it's hot during the summer, but I have no reason to change it yet, I'd rather spend the money on parts

7. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Any way you take this, its just wrong.

8. eesti

eesti Guest

I have lizardskins carbon size helmet thats very good helmet I think :p:p:p:p (sorry I can`t write in english very well :()

9. trialskid14

trialskid14 New Member

I have a Giro pnemo which is a 100 dollar wind tunnel tested road helmet that lance used 2 years ago.... Just what ever works.

10. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

skate helmets are pretty warm in the summer, but they tend to cover more of your noggin.
    regular XC/road helmets are fine, they're comfy, u get a nifty visor (that usually breaks off), better retention system -- they look cooler, (especially giro e2 or xen) *YuMMY*

whatever suits you best i guess, OR you could buy them all!!

11. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

dude, 7 dollar skate helmet with rad blue flames is how i roll. yeah.

12. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Eds dome piece protector is the hot shit. I also rock a 7 dollar skid lid, but mines white....with clear stickers!

13. tapioca

tapioca Guest

MANGO Escape (yellow,blue, red)

14. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I use a giro road helmet..........cause it's light and breaths really well.

I liked he look of skate helmets but it felt like an oven in one of those.

15. traz_23

traz_23 Guest

I have both, my xc style helmet, it's lighter and I usualy wear it during the summer, and I have my bmx helment that I wear when it's colder

16. felix

felix New Member

17. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

I use a skate/bmx helmet. I like it...except for in the summer. I think this year I am going to get a mtb helmet. Because when it's +30 out, and your just dumping sweat out of your lid...It almost.. discourages you from riding

18. DAVE-O!

DAVE-O! Guest

pro tec skate helmets are the sheeyot, cheap, protective, and you can stickerize the crap out of them. they last a long time too.

19. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

I might leave my MTB helmet for the winter & get one of them BMX helmets like above replies...riding in 30°F weather wouldn't be fun with 24 vents...