You ever had one of these days where...

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by maciekzw, Apr 14, 2004.

1. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

nothing goes your way....? I figured since yesterday I did so well on my pedal hops and that little 180 I did (as some of you seen on my video in my previous post --> https://www.observedtrials.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1650) I will go on a ride with Bonzai. So we went... Since it was really easy to do the 180 on my video because the front wheel was higher then the back, I said to myself... let's try it on this 2 foot wall... So I try it... I guess I whipped my bike way too much and the back wheel hit the wall when it landed on the ground. I did make the 180, but I ended up landing on my rear wheel (on the spokes, because the bike was on the side) with my ass and my back wheel was all out of wack... Oh well... I had my spoke rench so I fixed it. No big deal... Next thing I tried was a pedal kick up on this 18" square. My foot slipped and I smoked my knee on the stem... Man that freakin' hurt!!! So I'm all sore now... I wish I had my camera with me (I left it at work). Bonzai kept screwing up too... I don't know what it was, full moon? :?

When this happens to you guys, do you take a few days off or do you go at it again the next day? Just curious. This was really my first bad day since I got the bike, but that's mostly because I tried that 180.

By the way, does anyone have a video of them doing a 180 off of something? I'd like to know how to do it properly. It seemed really easy when I did it in my garage mostly because the front wheel was already up onto one of the objects and was higher then the rear wheel.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

whe n iwas trying to do pedal ups like a week ago i wanted to shoot myself in the face with somthing very powerful..so i gave it a rest for a while, and the snow forced me to rest longer. i went back refreshed and i am finally getting them down again... sometimes you jsut gotta take a break and eat some chocolate

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

haha yes that happened to me on sunday. i was super tired from previous activities that day. i was upping a wall that was near my highest, but i just couldn't make it. i would make the height, but my weight was too far back. REALLY frustrating. im a stubborn guy too, so i can't just give up. so i would sit down or kick a wall, try again, and repeat. even more frustrating was the fact that 1 day earlier:i had upped that height easy. 2 days later: i upped something 2" higher. goes to show you sometimes have a bad day, and it's good to take a brake. i usually just stop for the day if im doing real shitty. then, the next day i'll resume, but say if im frustrated with ups, i will then practice ups, but not my biggest height (maybe 3" smaller or so)
    hope it helps

4. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

The crazy thing is, before I smoked my knee trying to kick up this 18" square (which was double the hight of the square I tried at home the day before which I barely made up) I actually made it couple times. I didn't do it from a dead spot, but instead, I started pedal hoping about 6 feet away from the square, hopped 3 times and the third time I guess I had more speed/momentum than usual and made it up which was a total surprise. It was double the size! But that's not what I wanted to practice. I wanted to do it from the spot which is probably harder. I wish I had my camera with me so I could show you guys. I think tomorrow I'm gonna take a break cuz now my knee is really hurting. :down:

5. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

We've all been there, its just a part of the sport. We have off and on days, everyone hits their knees, shins, and balls, and everyone tweaks bike parts. Don't get discouraged, just know that it happens to everyone and its nothing to worry about :) You should get back on your bike soon since you're a beginner, but if you're too sore to do it tomorrow, no big deal. The bike will wait for you :D

Bill

6. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

sometimes i have trouble doing a vertical hop over two feet. my record is like... way over 40 inches :rofl:

btw, can someone give me some tips on sidehopping? i can't make it translate to sidehop height... i can do 32" max.

7. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

And my cranks came loose and I fell off my bike twice. That was one of the worst rides we have had. :down:

8. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Bill, you are so right, my freakin' knee is killing me today :down:
    But tomorrow, even if it still hurts a bit, I'll just practice in my garage again. I'll see if I can make it up that 9" box again.

By the way, does anyone have a short video of them doing a 180? I wanna see how it's done on a flat object. I tried it and I think the reason why I wiped out is cuz I either did it too fast, or the wheel hit the wall when it landed on the ground.

9. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

you want it of a 180 like an alley oop off something? or spinning away from the object? or just on flat ground?

10. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

https://www.observedtrials.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1650

Watch my short video. It was quite easy for me to do that 180 because the front wheel was higher than the back. Now what I want to do is exact same thing, but starting on a flat surface. I tried it off of a 2-2.5 foot wall and I think I did it way too fast. I'm not sure exactly cuz I didn't tape it. Just check out the video in that post, you'll see what I mean.

Usually when I see someone do 180, it almost looks like a 270 because they swing the back in the air as the front wheel still touches the object, then as the back wheel starts droping, the swing the front so it almost looks like more of a 270 than 180. Does any of this make sense? I'm not good at explaining... :?

11. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

12. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Thanks Roman, that's exactly what I was talking about.

When I did it tho I did it facing the other way. And I think instead of doing a 180 I almost did a 270 but I was to close to the wall with my back wheel and that's what made me wipe out. I'm pretty sure now. It all makes sense. I guess I maybe didn't have enough hight?

13. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Yea it could be the body needs a bit of rest even if you don't feel any pain or soreness...or simply sometimes I honestly don't want to ride which doesn't happen very often.

Actually today was one of those days where nothing seem to go well & had to try so many times to get the right momentum. I'm gonna take a day off tomorrow...