XTP or Levelboss head angle?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Justin.L, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Justin.L

Justin.L New Member

ya i tried a search. so does anyone know the head angle of an xtp or levelboss. thanks

2. Elan

Elan steve french

i am going to say 74, i think its the same as the LB

3. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

74? thats zebdi and short echo stuff.
    isnt it like 71?

4. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

It's def. not 74, I think its 71 or 71.5 depending on what fork you use.
    Martin

5. Elan

Elan steve french

headangle has fuck all to do with fork.

6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

7. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

Umm I meant it had to do with fork height. Some people run longer or shorter forks which would change the angle a bit.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

word. i was going to calrify that teh actual headangle is a constant, where as teh fork is always a variable, so its pointless to say that the fork changes the headhange, because it doesnt, it can only change the WB. sorry that i am a jerkoff.

9. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

head angle on a frame is constant. however, when you put on a long fork in can rake out the bike which makes it feel slacker. shorter forks will make the angle steeper. they also change the wb.

10. Elan

Elan steve french

yea, that is what i was trying to get at...word.

11. Justin.L

Justin.L New Member

alrighty thanks guys :joshers:

12. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

elan- you smoke crack where the hell are you getting this "74 deg head angle- everything good is steeper than abercrombie's clothing prices!" DArF.

71.4 deg on koxx xtp and lb.

13. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i think it's more like 71.42 :slap:

14. WhiteRavenKS

DERSH 71.4 deg head angle with a 400mm fork. it's on the koxx website. it's been meausred by other sources. :joshers:

15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I disagree with just about all of the above so hears my angle on it:
    so basically the headangle relative to the ground/axel height is decreased (slackened) as the fork height increases, plus the wheelbase is increased. The headangle is measured relative to the ground/axel height is it not? (if not disregaurd this entire post, but I think it is) Yes of course the headangle relative to the frame is constant, its welded on.

16. WhiteRavenKS

everyone should shut the hell up, drop everything they are doing, and download the anti-social skate video trailer.

17. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Trialsin' in Bisbee

Clarification:

Headangle is measured in relation to the chainstays. It's the angle basically between the plane thru the center of the dropout slot and bb and the plane that runs through the center of the headtube, Angle is measured as the acute angle at the intersection of the chainstay and headtube planes.

Although fork length and offset have nothing to do with the headnagle itself, yes, they do change the geometry of the bike. The headangle remains constant because when you go shorter/longer fork the bb also rises/drops so nothing really changes the FRAME geometry, but the overall bike geo does change. Remeber though, fork offset and length do affect wheelbase.

The combination of headnagle and bb height give the bike it's handling characteristics and contribute to stability. A low bb with slack headangle is inhernetly stable whereas steep and high becomes less stable.

A bb that is lower than the axle decreases headangle and higher increases it. A bike with the same fork, wheelbase, and chainstays may have identical angles of headtube while sitting on level, but if one has a bb drop and the other has rise, there could be signficant differences in headangle. The one wit the rise will be steeper than the slacker one.

Okay, got it? Now go play in traffic.

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I've owned 4 koxx frames and I don't even know what a head angle does.

maybe.

19. Elan

Elan steve french

ahahah..yea, 74 was a pipe dream . i think i was thinking about the seat tube.aha...luckily i didnt try and defend that one, but i knew it wasnt right ,it jsut sounded so. anywho, my lb 1065 is 1075. that 10mm makes me feel super macho

20. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

I finally had to come out and say.......ELAN......STFU!!!!!