XTP for sale.......knees hurt.

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by Sethbomb, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Thinking about selling my bike, knees hurt every time I ride. it sucks. Every time I ride I have to rest for three days to let my knees heal.

KOXX XTP long. (the same frame Kevin rode for a month.)
    Magura rear - Avid disc front. 185
    Echo bar and stem.
    Knifen light fork. w/ blue Chris King headset.
    Bonz splined cranks w/ Try all BB.
    Zuzu's pedals.
    DX32 rear 36 hole, Chris King with HD axel/ fun bolts. Rim is drilled and ground, but is true as a trial rim gets, not flat spots.
    front wheel is XT disc w/ rynolite XL, drilled, very true.
    105 der. King 18t rear cog, ultegra cass parts.
    odi lock on grips.
    two dents in down tube near bash guard, nothing structural.
    MAxxis tires.

PM me and if you would like to bid on it....thanks Seth Lee.
    If you need a Character Reference let me know.
    I'll go work on pics for it right now.....

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  2. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

say it aint so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtc:

3. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. netto

netto New Member

would u sell frame and rear derailleur only?

5. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

probably not, since I'm not getting another trials bike. Would be hard to sell all the parts individually. And a hassel w/ shipping.Just so you know those pictures don't show a dent in the down tube, there is a dent under that black plastic guard....just want to be an honest seller. It's not a crease, just a dent. Front tire is Maxxis now.

6. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

While I am at it, I may as well get rid of it all. Will include two other Echo stems (making three in total, each different) Magura bleed kit with 60cc syringe, avid 160 mm rotor-adapter-spare pads still in the package, and a brand new 2.5 Michellin 24.1 tire........would like to get 1500.00 for all- OBO.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  7. Elan

Elan steve french

or you could just sell me that michelin...

8. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

It sucks that you are quiting, I hope you are still going to ride a bike of some sort.

9. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Thanks, I am still riding cross country and a little road. I know the thought of that makes most of you cringe, but the doctor told me I need to swim or road bike on a regular basis. And since I don't have a pool, I'm on a bike.

10. Elan

Elan steve french

how old are you?

11. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Seth, do what you have to do to ensure that in 10 years you'll be walking around and going for hikes with your wife and kids. Thats a lot more important than trials. Good luck selling your bike and recovering from your injuries.

Bill

12. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Thats my question too. I'm thirty-three right now, and most days I'm fine, but after riding pretty much non stop for around twenty years now(all riding ,not just trials obviously)I'm feeling a bit tatterred myself. So how long have you been riding altogether, and how old are you?Oh yeah, good luck with your future endeavors of cycling, and I'm sorry to hear that the trials community is going to lose another. Take it easy though, and take care of yourself

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Seth has always had knee trouble, I think he is under 30....maybe 26 area??? I'm not sure, crazy asians always look young ;)

Good luck seth.

14. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate that.
    Andrew is right, two years ago when I was living in CO. I was told by the doctor to stop riding trials. I'm twenty six, have chipped the back of my right patella. I have arthritus in both knees from 15 years of year round soccer and five years of trials after that.
    And Bill hit the nail on the head, I'd much rather be hiking and backpacking, and mt biking for years to come than have five or six more years of non-competetive low expert level trials riding.
    It's not that I don't love the sport either, I do. But if the bike is sitting here I'm gonna ride it, I can't help it. So I need to get rid of it. It's an endless cycle, I ride for a day, regret it for three, ride for a day......ect. I always go out thinking I'm not gonna do anything that will hurt my knee, but it's not fun riding half ass.

15. Shipley

Shipley ..........

The XTP is stiff as all hell and could beat you up... but rides really well. That looks like a pretty good deal. Sorry to hear your getting out of it.

16. Cole

Cole New Member

Geez Seth, that means the trials riding population in Oregon will be dropping by a dramatic 25 % or so.

17. Elan

Elan steve french

somebody needs to make this purchase out of sympathy and sent that bike to me.

18. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Should have sold me the xtp when you had the chance...

19. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Seth, you are fantastic rider. I hate to see someone retire from the sport so early. Hopefully you can translate some of your skills to XC (I try). I would love to buy the bike (this was the one I wanted), but I already have a LB 1065. IF you decide to sell the frame, let me know.

20. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

how much do you want? about?