Observed Trials banner

WTF is up!

5K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  goose 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally got my WTF frame built up, minus the hope 8" rotor..coming in a couple..let me know what you think..

Parts:

WTF frame-Dukes of Hazzard Orange
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Bars-Simtra McPudgy 31.8
Stem-Simtra re system
Grips-Ouri lock on
HS-King
Fork-Orange canti/disc
Brakes-Front Avid Mech BB7-XT front lever 7" rotor - Rear Brake-Hope trials brake,hope lever 8" rotor..soon to be a hope
Tires-Front Minion Dh super tacky 2.7 60a/ Rear tire-Mobster 2.5 super tacky
Rims-Front Mavic 321 disc rim- Rear Rim-Tryall drilled
Hubs-King ISO front/3x black anodized spokes- Rear-King ISO 4x/ All spokes are DT spokes
Cranks-Middleburn super pro trials cranks
Pedals-Kona jack shit
Chain-KMC 410- If the chain breaks on me, I'm going to have to dial in my KMC 415 chain to work..
tensioner-Rennen
Gears-16t-F/R-14t king cog
BB-FSA Platnum DH ISIS Bottom Bracket 73/128 with a couple of spacers behind he drive side cup..

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice

Good call on the crank's

Thanks, has anyone taken off the chainring on these before..I'm not sure what tool to use.If this chain brakes on me a lot, then I'm going to go back to my kink.To do that, I'd need to put a spacer behind the chainring.I don't know how to get the damn thing off..

any help on that would be sweet and thanks man..

THEDMAN

#8 ·
so that is a 2.7 front tyre??
and isn't the front a 16t....?
You're right about the F chainring, but the front is a 2.7..I kept thinking the damn thing was an 18t, so use to my mods.Thanks for the catch man, I would of been like WTF this gear ratio blows..lol.I am going to change to to 16/14 should be pretty good..

I might have to chage the ratio..

THEDMAN

#9 ·
Thanks, has anyone taken off the chainring on these before..I'm not sure what tool to use.If this chain brakes on me a lot, then I'm going to go back to my kink.To do that, I'd need to put a spacer behind the chainring.I don't know how to get the damn thing off..

any help on that would be sweet and thanks man..

THEDMAN
you need the xtr bb tool http://www.webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=17682&cat=383&page=3

or just use a flat screw driver and hammer to undo the lockring...

btw, why don't you use the "built in" chain tensioner of the frame?

#10 ·
#11 ·
#12 ·
#14 ·
#16 · (Edited)
16T, or as i like to call it, chainkiller
I ordered the cloud 9 set up from heatsink and it should be here in a few days.16t is going to cause me some havic, for now it's going to have to do..

THEDMAN

#19 ·
awesome, love the orange, this will be at whistler????
It'll either be the WTF or my czar mod..

one of those,

THEDMAN

#20 ·
why a 2.7 in front?

I had it hanging around and someone convinced me into trying it out..We'll see how it feels, I can always go to a smaller one..

THEDMAN

#23 ·
thanks for the kind words..

the bike came out pretty well..going to put the hope rear rotor on tomorrow,hope front brake-7" rotor and cloud9 bash+ring our coming soon..going to run 18/15 once it's all dialed in.The next thing I'll look into is getting some decent pedals, that will hold up to my style of riding..

been so long since I've ridden stock..it's going to suck for a bit..

THEDMAN

#25 ·
Cant you take a link out of the chain and run the renen in the pushing up position? Either way, looks bitchin'

nice grab, I'm a new Rennen user and I guess I had it backwards..I'll do that today..

glad you like it,

THEDMAN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.