WTF is up w/ cops??

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by xxxfr, Sep 12, 2004.

1. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

so yea, riding tonight, find a real sick line, like a 2 foot up, then a 5 foot gap, then a like 6 foot drop to side walk, so i look, seems clear hit it smooth, land and look over theres asshole biker cop about 8 feet from me and there was no way to book......so yea, as hes reaching for his mic, im like, man, can you give me a break, i work at the bike rack (our LBS). hes like ok heres what ill do, i wont give you the $103 ticket, and i wont arrest you, but im taking your name down, and if theres any new damage reported tomorrow im calling you. so he takes all my info down and i initially lied about my age (b4 i knew i was gettin away) so i lied about my bday, but like an ass i gave him my real name..... so im prolly fucked if he checks....

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

yeah, must suck for someone to do their job :hsugh:

Lots of people are douche bags, cops are no exception. There are good and bad ones, just like good and bad people. For example- A cop came up to me and like 8 guys while I was filming hermance on a huge wall, hitting the shit out of it....What did the cop do?

Went to his cruiser and got his camera.

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, this guy was alright only cuz i work at the LBS, but i shoulda said i was 19....

4. Ahigh

Ahigh Trials grandaddy

I ride motorcycles too. So at least you can be thankful you don't have to worry about

a) Going to jail
    b) Having your bike impounded ($$/per day x 30 days)
    c) Insurance rates doubling, tripling, or quadrupling (up to $3000/year for 3 years increase)

Before I started getting more into trials, I was into street motorcycle stunts, and COPs get a major hard-on for citing you for reckless driving, speeding, or whatever they can get you for.

--
    - Aaron

5. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

man, if it were just like cop hands me ticket, and says go home, id be cool w/ it, because id frame that fucker, but im a little pissed at myself for lying bout my age, but its like once a hop rolled up in his car, and was like, u guys cant be riding here, do yourselves a favor and tell me your all under 18 so i can let you go.....

its like WTF

6. BrettM

BrettM New Member

We get hassled here, but I've never heard of a problem. The problem here is that every single person knows we are trials riders and what we are up to. As soon as security sees the bikes they know we are up to something. A couple years ago they would just look very confused at the goofy bikes but now they rush over, say you do know the no trials riding rule right, we say yes, they take off.

7. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

You should ask the cop if he would be upset if you did the same line on your feet w/o the bike. If you use tires only you would get the same effect.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'd probably enjoy pulling you over for stunting like a douche. Especially if it was anywhere but an abandoned parking lot.

9. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

thatll be a very good point to bring up once one of us ends up in court...

10. digby

digby New Member

theres every reason for it, Ive seen those guys going down the freeway at 70 doing wheelies. I think a month ago some shithead was doing that exact thing, and swerved into another car. The car was being driven by a newbie teen driver that freaked out, swerved, fliped the car. End result, lots of people seriously hurt, I think 1 or 2 dead cuz some guy wanted to do high speed wheelies. Partly the teen drivers fault, yes. Should he have to watch out for some guy looping out at 70mph, no.

I think your lucky if the cop pulls you over after your wheelie and doesnt beat you down for endagnering every one on the freeway.

11. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

70mph? That's weak. Most of those dudes pull tripple digits and wear flip flops, shorts, and tshirts... I personally don't care if people do that as long as my tax money is not overly wasted on cleaning the blood stained roads and people not engaging in the activity are not hurt.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Roman would you care if your parents/loved ones were killed by some squid faggot trying to do a wheelie at 120 mph?

13. JK

JK New Member

I was riding in my local park today, and towards the end of my ride, a conservation officer came by. At first I though, "why the hell would he give me shit?, I'm riding on a bunch of rocks in the park!".

He starts flipping out, not giving me shit, but about how he thought what I was doing is amazing, and that my balance must be incredible to be able to jump between the rocks. So he asked me to hit a couple of lines that I was eyeing earlier but, riding alone in the park, didn't have the guts to try yet. I cleaned the lines, I was stoked, he was stoked, and he left.

I can understand the officer giving you a ticket if you were street trials riding. Try riding in places or at times in the day where you are less like to come across people/cops. Quarrys and parks are best if you have a car.

oh yeah, and speeding/racing/stunting your bike or car on a public highway is an asshole thing to do. You deserve a ticket. Just as bad or worse than drunk driving if you ask me.

14. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

from my previous post.

15. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Ok, so its fine as long as they don't make any mistakes- the roads are perfect, every driver around them knows what is going on...as in never.

16. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

it was freaking 9:00pm......

17. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Since I am saying that I don't want to see people who are not engaging in illegal activity to get hurt, that would imply that I am against people doing reckless stunts on public roads where innocent people might get hurt. If people wish to do wheelies in empy parking lots (or track) and hurt themselves I could care less.

18. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea i guess that applys to bikes too, but the cop didnt mention that at all.....

19. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

Like a person in a car would really get hurt by a bike hitting them... And who cares if you "think" they are riding wreckless? If they are not stupid and wear full armour and stuff they usually know what they are doing.

20. AndyT

AndyT New Member

hophop, you are a complete fucking idiot.

Not that we didn't all know that already.