WRFP- In No Mood To Ride

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by WhiteRavenKS, Feb 27, 2004.

1. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

Hey everyone-

if you liked the car wash wall and "worst trials movie ever" here is another one along those lines. http://cotrials.com/in no mood.wmv right click and save as or nader will take over!

this is the kind of stuff i try and mess with when i have no motivation to go some place real and ride. i hope this will give some of you an idea of how to work your body placement and such when trying that brakeless rear wheel biz-naz. i cheat it once or twice after i crapped my pants... keep an eye out for what is brakeless and also what is switch foot- im righty forward.

enjoy or not depending on what you like in videos. thanks peeeples!

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Enjoyed it :bigthumb:

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I cant get over how good that bike looks...if your ever selling...
    What bar/stem is that?

I definately enjoyed it. Takes us back to the purest form of trials - practicing the fundementals in the back yard on a cheep pallet.

BTW I noticed your on the official UCI rankings list, not top place but on the list never the less, congrats :bigthumb:
    How does that point system work?

Steffen'

4. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Dang, you did the JJ swap foot kick deal from Revolution, Ive been trying that for months...

Good vid.

5. WhiteRavenKS

BWAAHAHAAH- im on the uci rankings list?!?!?! thats hilarious!
    im running a race face duece stem in 90x15deg rise with try-all bars. i really really like it with this new frame so far. as for selling- check with me at the end of the season... maybe..

the pedal kick swap- that was litterally the first time i have tried that in about 11 months. i almost shat when i did it. there are a few of the german kids i rode with in croatia that could do successive gaps with that stuff... and yeah, jj has been doing it for years longer than i have even been around. it's way good for you... just be sure to wear shin gaurds... i didnt have them on and hit my stuff pretty good.

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

7. WhiteRavenKS

holy shizzle- 16 of the top 25 are french... what does that say to you? also- im only 296 points off of kenny... he better watch it! :bigthumb:

well they saved the best for last... (i should punch myself for thinking that)

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

robinsons better than like 20 of those mofos! yay!

9. WhiteRavenKS

hopefully this next year only twenty of these mofos will be better than him.

now i kind of wish ihad gone to the polish wc... would have made me jump like 40 places in overalls. i forgot they combine jr and elite in the final rankings. i suck.

edit- i just looked at how things are scored... jr win at worlds gets you 125... elite win at worlds gets you 150. interesting. still doesnt change the fact that i sucked it up but still... very interesting. i imagine you wont see my name up there for a year or two. but next time im on it it wont be playing the role of the caboose.

10. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I liked the vid, pretty funny watching you come off of those pallets :). The last time i watched you do that brakeless rear wheel stuff I thought you were chilling in place for at least a minute without hopping... is it more difficult with those slats in the pallet?

11. WhiteRavenKS

it's way way way harder on the palletes. i got one downtown one day in front of spomer that was like easily over thirty seconds with no hops. as soon as the camera came out i couldnt do it again of course.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

omgzzz brakeless is gnarly.

just when i thought i had made some progress towards getting close..... damn.

13. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

hot damn kevin that movie was awesome. great job on it, it was super fun to watch. cant wait till the next one.

14. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Um, yeah....watching you do that kept me from going to bed, so I went out and tried some brakeless rear wheel action, I was on my back in less than 2 minutes of trying. Im going to bed...

15. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

Great Vid Kevin :bigthumb: Intelligently motivating.

16. oicdn

oicdn Guest

:eek3: SIIIICK! I wish I could stay on my rear that long WITH brakes :rofl:

17. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr Guest

brakeles is sick!! i really enjoyed the video. is the brakeless rear wheel stuff easier to pull on an uphill slope or what?

18. WhiteRavenKS

it pretty much has to be an uphill slope. palletes though are way harder because it's not an even surface you are either on the backside of a board or trying to push uphill against one so it's not consistant at all- much harder. find some smooth concrete slope to practice on for starters. thanks for the comments everyone!

19. vince

vince Member

So the idea of that is to be better able to balance on the rear wheel with no correction hops? Don't tell me the pedal kicks on the drive way were brakeless. :D Do you figure trying to do big gaps on flat improves actual gapping? Cause gapping on flat is difficult. :eek3:

20. WhiteRavenKS

the gaps in the driveway were not brakeless... at least not the landings. but yeah, you got the idea- the object of that particular stuff is just to improve your balance overall. anything you can do on your bike is going to be good for you- generally speaking. the brakeless rear wheel stuff not only teaches your body better balance but also trains your mind to be aware of where your cranks are at in their rotation and how to use chain tension to your benifit.

the crankflips are something stupid that i would never do in a section. actualy this video is the first time i have tried them on a trials biek in about 8 months. they help you out though because you have to know where your pedals are at all times. if you slip a pedal in a section you have to be able to get right back on it- crank flips will help you do this. you have to be in tune wiht your bike and while some of these stunts are not comp practical- they do get you to be more aware of you bike. same with switch foot pedal kicks. i would never just bust some out in a section but if i ever absolutely had to use my goofy foot i could- or at least have a better chance of pulling myself out of a jam.

the gaps on flat ground- they are tougher in a sense. doing a gap and aiming for a seam or crack in the concrete is a good way to get your accuracy better. also just going for something way too big (like that last couple of shots where im trying to go form the sidewalk to the little edge- on a good day i can make it- it's about 9 feet) will make ytou gain more explosive power. it's basicaly on-bike plyometrics. by aiming for something you know you cant make you will start to get better and cut down on how much you are shorting it by.

same thing with static hops. just jumping the bike up as high as you can you will get tons of leg strength. do a sidehop without the sideways biz-naz as high as you can. then do about ten in a row as fast as you can. it's hard to tell in the video but in those two i put in, my rear tire is clearing are about 4-6 inches over bar height.

hmm... that ended up really long compared to what i meant to write. sorry.