Workstand

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Patrick, May 18, 2004.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Ok, I used the search function and didn't see anything, sooo...

I need a good workstand for my hardtail XC, bighit DH, and crazy coust. Is there any stand out there that will hold the coust? If not, what's a good one for the XC and DH bike?

2. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

park tools has a really nice home stand.

3. Morryjg

Morryjg Guest

4. Tanner

Tanner New Member

park makes a new clamp

5. Pancho

Pancho New Member

I'll sell you my park stand for cheap, like $30. Let me know if your interested.

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

you can make one that works well, take two chains (cleaned of course, and make loops at each end secured with a nut and bolt. the other end of one, ben a nail to make a hook, and the other end, find a rather thich piece of wire and bend it into a shape which can hold your handlebars well, and then hang the two hooks on a cieling or something. This idea may sound stupid, but the shop I work at has been using it since 1891 (oldest shop in america) and is still running. The best part is you can work on the biek from both sides without moving a girnormous stand like the park. park shit is good thouhg, and if you have the money, campy and snapon are top notch

7. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

My Rock stand is Schweeeet! but also not very portable. They do make a portable version, and should hold up to your DH bike well.

Most portables suck with heavy rigs. Ultimates tip more, as to the parks (a wee bit better and stronger). However, most portables will tip as soon as you raise the front wheel off.

In my opinion, go look at the Rockstand. They are manufactured here in Golden (hwy6 and 40). Hell, go try one out (the portable). I like the adjustability the rock stand has in the clamp, plus its built pretty stout so you can do what you want while in your home.

www.rockstand.com Let me know if you want to go over there, I think Sarah still has the president's contact number.

8. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

I bought Park Tools stand for $100 from JensonUSA and needless to say it's very durable and easy to adjust :)

9. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

My dad's got the foldup Park PRS-5 work stand and another park tools stand that doesn't fold. Both are great.

10. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

park has the best clamps (new ones). pedros and wrench force both have some good portable stands if you are looking for something easy to toss in the car with you on trips. i would take the pedros one over wrench force if the prices are close.

nothing is going to hold a cous. not well at least.

11. crashnscar

crashnscar Guest

I have an Ultimate Consumer stand that I got from my LBS for ~100 on sale..... It's great and sometimes if I have my DH bike in akward, it tries to tip but I never let it.

12. KenC

KenC Member

I had the same thoughts with my Coust, and I just came to the fact that unless somebody comes up with some sort of frame adaptor, i'll be working on mine on the floor.

13. Cory

Cory Guest

Buy a folding sawhorse at Home depot and mount a thule quick release to one end. Create a support at the other end to hold your bottom bracket/down tube junction