winter riding

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ridesoul, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

hey all. this being the canadian part of the forum, i thought id ask who rides during the winter. i dont know how much trials i will do once the snow comes, but till then, im getting in as many rides as i can. when the snow does come, i still plan on riding on the nicer days. as long as the sun is out and its not a blizzard, im gonna keep at it (of course the fact that i am getting my trials bike in december will definately make me wanna ride). ;) man they need a smilie with a touque!

-RS

2. Giant1118

Giant1118 DanB

Yeah i figure ill prolly ride as long as i can too. Its kinda discouraging knowing that we got 5 months of shitty snow on its way. I look at it as a way to get back to the basics. I set up some pallets in my garage and practice little ups and pivots and what not.
    I know what u meen about getting yer bike. Mines in in february and but at least it gives me time to build it up perfectly. ALOT OF TIME

3. poutine

poutine Guest

I ride indoor.

We rent out the skateparks and jam there four couple hours at midnight.

Really fun.

4. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

kool. ya, im gonna be building my bike up as soon as i get it so i can cart if back to Toronto with me, where i will be living for my last semester of school. then ill just stare at it when i cant ride it lol!

-RS

5. Burn

Burn Guest

I can't wait for the big ass snowbanks, now those will be fun to ride on.

Other than that just riding in the gayrage.

6. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

lol. i tried the snowbank thing on my bike once. its great until your front wheel sticks in the snow somewhere, then its ass over elbows into the snow! you come out looking like a snowman!

actually, i am thinking of converting my gt sno-racer into a bike style contraption with handlebars and stuff and maybe even some front suspension and switching to freeride styles with the snow drifts and roofs and stuff for part of next winter! ive always wanted to try this!

-RS

7. Giant1118

Giant1118 DanB

Gt snowracers are the shiat! I see no reason in converting one into more of a bike. They are sick as it is. Maybe the only thing would be to put some handelbars on it. I remember a couple of years ago, building up a huge ass kicker and doing backflips into the powder...i actualy managed to land a few. This year Backflip Nac Nacs I guess the GT snow racer scene is following the freestyle MX style

8. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

lol! ah well. id only be playin with that thing on days that i cant ride my trials bike lol. my cousin has one he put bmx handlebars on though and they were dropping off the roof and stuff with it and doing supermans and stuff off of jumps! and the minimum i would do is lose the steering wheel. that things gotta go regardless! those things are the bain of snowracers!

ah well. i cant do that this winter anyway cuz there arent any real hills or anything here in Toronto (nothing worth riding on). its all concrete so itll be bikes for me this winter for sure.

-RS

9. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

Lately now thats it's gotten a tad bit warmer. I just ride in the snow. Rust on the chromo frame or not, I dont care. Riding in the garage is enough of a reason to go mental.

10. bylsma

bylsma New Member

My dad works for a truck company, so I can ride in their shop as much as I want. There's tons of semi tires I can pile in any configuration imaginable.

11. trials king

trials king New Member

Same