Who is riding the ECHO team with a ISIS bttm bracket?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by austintrials, Sep 23, 2004.

1. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

Hey all I'm going to buy the MOD Echo Team and also the FSA Platinum Pro Bottom Bracket but shit I don't know the size? :( There is like a 1000 different sizes off of Webcyclery's site.
    Can you please help?:wiggle:
    Who is already running the echo team with a ISIS bttm bracket?

2. Ruburn

Ruburn New Member

me me me... get the montyISIS BB by FSA will do!

3. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

ISIS BB

Hey great, you dont know what the length is do you? when ordering from Webcyclery they have all these options in length and i'll be damned if i dont have a Clue and even know how to measure it to get the rightone.
    they have 68x108, 68x113, 68Ex113, 68x118, 70x108, ( i am thinking that it's this one)73x113 but hell i still dont have a clue.

help:wtc:

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

You'll need the 68 x 118, that's the spindle size that the Tryall isis bb's for mods are. A 73mm shell will work too, if you get a spacer with them. If you get anything like a 128mm spindle, it might give you a screwy chainline since the dropout spacing on mods is much narrower than on stocks.

5. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

thank you

is that what you are running on your Ech team (or MOD) is the 68X118?

so if i go with a 73x118 i should be ok. only if a get a spacer for the chain alignment?

thank you

6. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

I don't ride maude, but that is the size of bb that you will need to buy. The bb shell size, 68 and 73mm, won't really affect the chainline. If you do get the 78 and use a spacer, the chain will be 2.5mm farther outwards than with the 68mm shell. I don't think this will be necessary, since the Koxx mods run the 68mm shell with no chainline issues. Besides, 2.5mm will be virtually unnoticeable. Go for the 68 x 118, if they have it. If not, then 73 x 118 will be fine.

7. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

you Rock

See this is why i come to this site. you rock, thank you
    I have only used the taper square BB and wanting to get into the ISIS and that's something that I have never done (noticed huh?)

thank you again RomanR:bowdown:

8. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Woah woah woah

I just bought my echo team and i tried a race face dh with a 118 spindle and it was too wide. the chainline was terrible.

i run an acs claw and the 113 is perfect. i think its a 68 shell but i'm not sure as my race face can fit either 68 or 73.

But i guess it really depends on what parts you run. but for thsee parts :

Echo team mod, bonz mod cranks, acs claws freewheel i would strongly suggest running a 113

9. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

thanks DanerousDave: I went home and did some measureing and it looks like the 113 will be a little better off too. B/c im running a rear freewheel (CK) with a square tappered BB now. it's on a monty xlite for the timebeing, but will running the FSA 68x113 with the BONZ Cranks. Thank to all of the help from you guys I will be broke. But the Bike will Ride and that's the MOST important thing......right? :joshers:

10. Ross

Ross New Member

Ask meantodd, he'll know and will be glad to help you.

11. SHiRLEY_CHiZEM

SHiRLEY_CHiZEM New Member

depends on the crank profile.. im running a 68x113 with tryall cranks in my echo team..