who cares?

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by WhiteRavenKS, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

damnit i thought it was a trials vid lol im so fricken phased out right now

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

thats why i put this in off topic with a "who cares?" thread title, i just figured very few people here would.

3. nidoss

nidoss Guest

4. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

Yeah i forgot i was in the off-topic forum and was like "Oh my god another COtrials!?!?" and then i was like "oh..." but that slomoed drop was pretty rad.

5. WhiteRavenKS

if by pretty rad you mean pretty small. it was only 65 feet long for the flight path... eeegad. video does this none of my footage justice by the way.

6. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I like the big gaps. Who's the first rider on orangish bike? super duperT?

you're right, i'm sure it was 10000000000 times bigger in real life. has to be.

7. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

haha jackass went otb

i would die if I ettempted anything over 20 feet

8. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Yay its a non-trials vid. I liked it. Its funny to see people actual "ride" a bike normally, i.e. continuously pedaling.

9. WhiteRavenKS

have you dropped 10? dont mean to sound like an ass, just saying, 20 feet is LARGE.

yeah that was super flea on his vpfrizzle. the orange looked hidioues up close. looked like someone spray painted it. and didnt do a good job. just means he rides his bike though.

10. Trialsking

I bet Nick could drop 19' like nothin. But I have to agree, that 20' barrier is just too much!

11. hophopsnap

yeah Im with him 20 is just a lil much

nah most Ive dropped was prolly 4 feet..on my bmx..bwahah that hurt like hell, 90 psi in the front and 70 in the back..

12. Trialsking

Nick,

Get off that damn BMX!. Your could probably drop 4+ on your echo, just try it.

Oh to keep it on topic, did I mention that I really liked your vid Kevin?!?!

13. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I care kevin, I care as long as its free:rofl:

14. hophopsnap

lol..on my bmx I just bunnyhop/roll off, but on my echo I do to sketchy of backhops so I just sidehop off and one time I was doing a drop off my box (18 inches) and I caught my crank on the metal rail and it hurt my leg so I guess I gotta just do it since I know nothing will break.

on topic-how much suspension do those guys have? I've heard of over a foot in the front but I wasnt sure.

15. WhiteRavenKS

most people were running 7-8 in the front and 7-9 in the rear.

gareth and bourden were on like 5-6" frames with new marzocchi single crowns.

16. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

a film? interesting shot on 6.3 mm i assume? just busting your balls, me and my partners in crime at played films still say "films" even though its all clearly digital VIDEO. Sorry, film nerds rejoice

17. morley

morley New Member

The footage was pretty good, the lines that were being pulled off this year were just gangbusters. Some of the lines people are pulling are just getting way to damn tech, and on top of it they are adding tricks... ??? I look forward to more footage. Thanks kev.

On a side note... last year in vancouver they had a few freeride competitions on the north shore... they were going for a trials influence style comp and even gave a few trials plugs. You had one long course and you would get time bonuses for cleaning [dab free] various sections marked out down the trail. If anyone has ever rode north van they will know how tech some of the lines are, and then to add all the wet ooze onto that.

18. WhiteRavenKS

im actually shooooosting in 108mm EYE-Max film. basically its so expensive that i had to give up my crack habbit. yeah yeah... i know... i shouldnt call the finished product a 'film' when its just lowly 'video'.... someday when the mtn bike movie market blows up and the producers of mtn bike movies live like damn hell ass king rockstars i will be able to get the money to work with film. :)

morley, the lines this year were a lot of the same basic thing. there were only basically 3 lines. but considering how rediculously hard they were and considering pretty much everyone had them- that is saying a lot. i was super impressed with the huckers, many of them were riding at a level i havent seen much before. what didnt suprise me as much was the racers- they basically baked the cake, stole it and then ate it... uhh wtf? ohyeah its too early in the monring to make any decent metaphorical dealies. but yeah, it was a lot better this year than i think it has been int he past so i dont feel in the least bit bad about putting it in the finished movie (as per my formula: racing > hucking).

19. Burn

Burn Guest

Hey WhiteRaven, what's the name of the song in "that movie" trailer 1???

Tried searching for the post you made for it and can't find it..:ugh2:

P.S. yurr funny.

Never mind I found it