Who can drill rims in the front range?

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by ascentrek, Mar 3, 2004.

1. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

who can drill Rims in the Front Range? Any idea's?

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

hahaha.

Step one, get uni bit or hole saw.

Step two, drill holes.

?????

Profit.

3. bigd

bigd Guest

word ^

but use of a power drill with said items helps

4. Tanner

Tanner Well-Known Member

head over to a metals shop, clamp down the rim in a drill press..mark the center with a center punch, drill.

5. Pancho

Pancho Member

If you really want a profesional to do it, there's a shop down here that does a lot of custom work like this. They've even CNCed me stuff from time to time. Let me know, I'm sure they'd be able to get something this simple done in about 50 seconds. Otherwise doing it yourself is quite easy.

6. ascentrek

How big are the holes? A percentage of the rim width? I'm getting an Alex DX32.

7. bigd

bigd Guest

if you have a dx32 you can go UP to 1" holes. it does weaken the rim a slight bit and it will need truing a little more often. 1"ers will require a dead steady hand because you're going to be removing material from the tubular sidewall section, basically only leaving the sidewall itself fr a vertical plane.. if you're off by a few mm you'll pretty much remove that wall in that spot. i'd go for 7/8" holes as the largest realistic option.

peep this
    [​IMG]

8. ty

ty Guest

i have 3/4 inch holes in my dx 32, didnt mess anything up and so far it has been doing well saying true. here is a pic if you are curious what 3/4 inch holes look like on the dx 32
    [​IMG]

9. Morryjg

Morryjg Guest

I have the drill press. We just need to procure a 7/8" or whatever bit. You can bring over the stuff to take apart my Psylo while you are at it.

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

3/4" holes also come with a 2 month supply of douche and tampons.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

12. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

i have 27/32 inch holes in my rim. dont ask me why i have a drill bit of that size. but its the biggest one i have, and couldnt use hole saw due toe Echos drilling.

13. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

haha

14. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

i got some tryall rims, they got holes in them already man....... BTW Tonkery....do you still want your gold rim?

15. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Dolphin really wants his, dolphs old DX 32 on my bike that short said would break within a week is going on strong...4+ months later, so I think I'm ok for now but gold is teh sexay.

Dolph wants me to pick up the one from you and bring it down on saturday or something, and he'll give me moneys.

16. ascentrek

You are twice the mechanic I wanted to be. :bowdown:

17. ascentrek

SCHWEEEEEET

Maxis or tampax?

18. ascentrek

I'm glad we cleared that up... I may suck like a she-donkey, but at least i won't look like one.

19. AndyT

AndyT New Member

the one that STOPS YOUR VAGINA FROM BLEEDING ALL OVER YOUR PANTIES