which is the strongest

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by octomoule, Aug 14, 2004.

1. octomoule

octomoule New Member

hi,
    for you which bike of these is the strongest

PlanetX Zebdi
    Koxx Levelboss
    Bt raven 5.0
    Echo Pure

can you sort them : the strongest 1st then then...then the one that'll break first

huhhuh i know its stupid

thx

-octo-

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  2. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

have had close and prolonged contact with speciments of all except the BT Raven 5.0, it hasn't been out long enough to form a decent judgement but I'll give it a go based on my observations.

Strongest:
    Koxx Levelboss
    Bt Raven
    Echo Pure
    PlanetX Zebdi
    ^ ^ Weakest

- Joel

3. octomoule

octomoule New Member

thx for the answer !

any other advice? anyone else?

n0n0 but it's because one of my paranoia is to break a frame ! ;) it cost a lot for a student ;)

those are the 4 frames i hesitate to buy

-Octo-

4. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

i think pures and levelboss's are on a par.. then raven and last zebdi

5. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

i would strongly reconsider the zebdi mk6.....id tie it for 1st w/ the koxx, the pure ive seen snap by a smaller guy than me, doing smaller moves, smooter, and the raven i dunno

6. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

koxx is for sure the strongest.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:hsugh:

why on earth would you say that....

8. poutine

poutine Guest

indeed....plus crappy survice..and a warrenty they dont even stick behind.

9. Cole

Cole New Member

1. Level boss is far ahead of everything else in strength (you can even land on the downtube pretty hard and it won't dent), it will probably last you years longer

2. Pure seems to hold up - haven't ridden myself

3. Raven and Zebdi : I broke a zebdi in 8 months of beginner riding and I've seen BT bikes dent very easily

10. average mike

average mike Guest

Ha.

11. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

ive just been beating on mine for a while now, and im not exactally smooth while learning things like 360's which i musta fucked up 10,000 of them now, i kinda want mine to break so i can get the blue one.....

12. poutine

poutine Guest

it probly well.

If you wana break it bad

land on the bash real real real real hard......

btw lb for shure pure second bt third px last

my px died out about 8 months also of beginning trials

13. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

its hard to say. as far as im aware no BT RAVens have broken but not neally as many has been sold. As far as preference goes i would prefer a pure to a koxx, they just ride nicer. However when i got my BT i love its geometry. HOw long have you been riding?

14. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

about the downtube levelboss thing: that is toughness, not strength. toghness has to do with dents and scratches, strength has to do with cracks and snaps. also, there was a tra vid where he did like a 6 ft drop straight to downtube on a pure, no prob.

15. bwagner

bwagner New Member

I'm partial to the BT, but at the moment I'm on a Pure . All bikes will dent at one time or another. A local rider just took his Planet X out last week on a ride. The downtube snapped about two inches in front of the BB shell. Never owned a levelboss, but they're pretty popular here, and poular things become that way for a reason most of the time, and that reason is a good reputation of course!! Any of these bikes should be a nice choice, just get the one YOU like the most

16. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

I think its more due to the koxx team riders. Monty were popular, but i doubt that was because of reputation for strength. That being said they are strong frames ;).

17. poutine

poutine Guest

If you mean in tra echo vid 3 wen hes on the bench and he miss's his gap.

If you notice his feet automatically fly off the pedals and land on the ledge he was wanting to gap and his frame doesn't even hit the ledge....

18. sharpe

sharpe Guest

that's definitely not a 6ft drop. i think he's referring to the drop/gap to that concrete barrier.

19. Elan

Elan steve french

level bosses are strong frames.