Which Frame ?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by dcpowpow, Jun 11, 2004.

1. dcpowpow

dcpowpow New Member

I am new to bike trials and want to build a bike. I have it down to 3 frame choices.
    PlanetX Zebdi
    PlanetX Tibo
    Zoo Pitbull

Any opinions ?
    I will not be competing and I am 6 feet tall.
    My background is motorcycle trials and mtn. biking

Thanks

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

at 6 feet tall, you may feel cramped a bit on the zebdi. the tibo and pitbull both seem to be pretty solid starter bikes- cheap and, so far at least, good reputations (regardless of the trash talk around here against zoo).

3. dcpowpow

dcpowpow New Member

Yeah, I am a bit worried about the shorter Zebdi.
    The Tibo is starting to look like a good choice and it is in stock which is the best news of all...

Thanks
    Dave

4. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

I've ridden Phil Luchero's Tibo a couple times now and it feels pretty nice. You should be pretty happy with it if you get it.

5. 20inchDUDE

20inchDUDE New Member

WHAT IS THE GEO OF A TIBO:

CT?
    WB?

6. darkside

Whoa there... Might wanna turn off CapsLock.

If you click the banner at the top of every page (the one that says Webcyclery), you could learn that:

"This is Planet X's answer to the current UCI style trials bikes. It is constructed of 7000 series Aluminum, has a 1050mm wheelbase, 390mm chainstays, +20mm BB, 73 degree headtube, and weighs only 4 pounds (we weighed it). It has Magura 4 bolt mounts and disc tabs. This is a sweet frame."

7. dcpowpow

dcpowpow New Member

I guess the only thing on the Tibo that is a bit weird is the +20mm BB. Seems like my C.G. will be a bit high and balance could be trickier ?
    Just a thought.......
    Seems pretty light at 4.00 lbs compared to the other frames.

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Phil seems to like it way more than his zebdi, and he is an awesome rider. Since your 6' tall, sounds like the Tibo will be great for you.

9. darkside

I don't know a number, but I thought the pitbull had a pretty high bottom bracket as well... I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

10. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

the pitbull has a really high bb. the tibo bb is high but nothing you wont get used to and learn to take advantage of and enjoy.

11. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Go with one of the longer frames... much more comfortable at 6' plus.. i'm 6'3'' and my 1040 WB Echo (the Zebdi has a shorter WB i think) is way too cramped. Pitbull i've ridden at 1060ish was much better. Longer might be even more so.. but without more time riding one i'm not sure. Good luck.

12. cholm

cholm New Member

yeah man id get the new tibo frame. that thing rides pretty sweet. i got way jealous when i rode phils bike. almost makes me wanna ride for them again so i can get one for free. its super light and for your size it would be a killer all around bike.

13. pav

pav New Member

if you put a fork with some sweep on pitbull it will be 1080 as mine is
    out of those i would go pitbull
    its pretty good
    i have one and like it
    you could get the new 1090 version too
    obviously not a Coust or XTP but still great...

14. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

What about the BT raven, and awsome UCI style frame for the cost of it.ride better than a koxx IMO and generaly a very good frame.