which echo

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by evileye, Mar 11, 2004.

1. evileye

evileye Guest

im wanting to buy a echo but am unsure were from or which one. I am 5ft9in and live in the uk. As i understand there are two sizes
    thanks for your help

2. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

definately long, considering your height.

4. evileye

evileye Guest

what about the bt raven thats quite a long frame does anyone recomend them?

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i have heard many good things about bt ravens. they're not too long, and will probably suit you. what kind of riding do you want to do? They'd be better suited to urban than natural (i think)

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

evileye, first and formost you should state if you are talking about the Pure (stock) or Team (mod).

Depends on your ridding style. long for more UCI comp style. Short for more casual street style.

I thought the raven4.0 was like 1095! of course that depends on the fork but I'm quite sure its between 1080-1095mm

7. evileye

evileye Guest

sorry m8 im taking about the pure and i normally ride street.If i got the raven i would be putting on my orange forks on .Still cant decide which one echo raven echo raven haaaaaaaaaaaaa
    sorry for my little outburst :joshers:

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I'll help you out... Echo.
    You cant get a BTraven right now, I beleive the expected wait is over two monthes, but that might be outdated infomation

EDIT: a month and a half til RomanC gets em

9. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

I am 6'3" and I currently ride a Monty 221 Xlite mod!!! lol, thats why I am looking for an echo team long or Koxx LB 20 long. But when I get a stock it will be a Pure 1080, i should get a LB 1100 probobly, but i want a seat on a stock bike.

BTW, how can someone from usa get a bt raven, ive heard little of them, never seen them for sale anywhere.

Oh yeah, I just realized that at www.thetrialsinshop.com all of their prices are in Canadian dollars. I feel stupid, i always thought they were just pricey or somthing, lol.

10. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

lol!! i would get a echo short, im 5 10 and have a 1060 wheelbase, 2 cm isnt going to make a HUGE difference IMO

11. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

The extra length will be better for him, if he is riding UCI style.

The BT is like $375 + shipping when it hits USA. I would wait for that, that is a KILLER KILLER deal. I believe the WB is 1085?

12. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

yeah i guess, but where do the companies add the extra length? in the top/bottom tubes?

13. Tanner

Tanner Well-Known Member

I don't suppose the GIANT maple leaf clued you in, did it?

14. RyanMcVicker

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere. What is different about uci style anyways?? All i know is longer bikes are better for uci, why? what is uci?

BTW, If I get an Echo team long will the 2mm difference between the koxx lb long make ANY difference? (im 6'3", so i thought i would want the koxx, which is the longest mod,.... but team is cheaper and only 2mm shorter)

15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

lets put it this way, between your grips, bar,stem,frame,fork, hub, rim, tire, you will get far more than 2mm flex. heck, the tire&tube alone could give you over 10mm.

Even if the two bikes had all the exact same components on them you couldnt tell the diff because of small things like PSI, headset spacers, bar angle.

No, the 2mm will not make a valid difference at all.

16. RyanMcVicker

Ok, so the length of the team is no different than lb 20. What about the rest of the geometry? The chainstays on the team are a little longer than lb20. (team:363mm--lb20:350mm) Will that 13mm difference in chainstays make one feel/ride better?

has anyone ridden both of them?