Observed Trials banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm thinking of getting a HOPE rear hub,I know their not as nice as Chris King, but I really dont want to spend so much for the rear hub. Is it weird to run a rear disk hub laced to a DX-32 but using V brakes? Will the extra spacing mess up the dish of the wheel?
Byron

·
Registered
238 Posts
dont know about the engagement, i think its 1/24 of 1/36.. again, not positive. anyways, building a rim brake rim to a disc brake hub is fine, you won't have any problems at all. the hope xc is a good hub from what i hear, reliable and durable.

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
I ran a hope XC (which is a disc hub) to a dx 32 for a year and a half...fantastic combo, loved that hub- never had to tighten it once, never had even a HINT of skipping with er either.

·
921 Posts
I still don't understand why anyone would run a hub with that little engagement unless they needed a disk hub. Yeah, they're pretty reliable but the Shimano's silent clutch has been all but bulletproof on the wheel i had and three other riders i know. I think Novatech? makes a version also and i've heard that one's as strong if not stronger. Silent clutch, good bit faster than 36 points engagement, and around 25 bucks cost? For a hub to last till you save for a King i don't see where you could go wrong. Just my 2cents though... :joshers:

·
Registered
337 Posts
My hope xc has skipped a few times. But never under power(like a gap or something). But lately it has gotten a bit strange. Like I can hear the pawls engage one at a time. I'm afraid that one day I'm gonna kick before all the pawls have engaged. And then I'll be fucked. I counted 22 egagements. But I may be wrong of course. Next hub will be a silent clutch if I can get one. My mate has one. Maybe I can buy his...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts