What's the deal with Try-All tires. . .

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by cmtrialsriders, Aug 25, 2004.

1. cmtrialsriders

cmtrialsriders Guest

Are the Try-all tires sticky and wide enough? They look to be decent tires. At the same time, I am 230 lbs. 5'll". So I use slightly higher are pressure than most people can. So I need some feedback before buying some tires. I already have a Michelin Hot S 2.0 on the front. That tire is sweet. But, I heard the 2.5" red Hot S is weak in the sidewalls (for the rear). Info.....please!

cm

2. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

the 2.5 michys are alright, i run them front and rear for now......but yes theyre weak, as far as the tryalls ive heard ppl say they start off great but then start to suck quickly

3. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

230 lbs + hot s in the back = :weak: :Owned:

4. Raub

Raub Guest

Maxxis Minion DH or Maxxis High Roller Super Tacky :)

OR Slow Reezay if you don't mind buying a new tire after a month!

Puncture Protection is sweeeeeeeeeeeet

5. sharpe

sharpe Guest

i love my tryall tyre. insanely grippy and soft. i can up a wall and only half have my tyre on top and it still grips perfectly. bought it a few months ago and it's still going strong and grippy. not a heap of wear so far.

tyre is tricky to get off the rim though.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

try alls are grippy. thats it. michelin comp 24.1 is the best tire ever made. dont let anybody else tell you anything else.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

8. trialsinhawaii

trialsinhawaii New Member

Where can I get a Mich. comp 24.1, 2.2 tire?

9. Elan

Elan steve french

jsut about any mailorder, or any bike shop which carries mtb parts...

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

FYI webcyclery is backordered. My eyes hurt where am i.

11. sharpe

sharpe Guest

tryall tyre is grippy and that's it? what is a tyre meant to be then? better than a michelin:nuts:

12. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

ANd as of this morning, they are now available again at webcyclery :)

14. oicdn

oicdn Guest

230 lbs....heh....I have an Intense tire that would love a heavy weight person...$20 + shipping and it's yours.... My light 150 lb ass, it's like riding on a solid rubber rin around a rim it's so stiff...but yeah, the 24.1 is the best tire ever. Comp 16 is pretty sick, well judging by the "comp 16" I'm running. Hell, buy my Intense for $20, and get the Michelin....when one runs out, you'll ahve the Intense till a new Michie gets there....

Also, judging by your post, it l;ooks like you're thinkin about getting a 24.1 for the front...NO... 24.1 just the rear...unless that is, you WANT the weight....

15. digby

digby New Member

I 2nd that no on the 24.1 on the front. Do you really need a 3 1/2 pound tire on the front of your bike?

Now a 3 pound tire, thats totally different.

16. B1105

B1105 New Member

Get the Comp 24 Light for the front. Its about a 1lb lighter than the normal Comp 24 2.2

17. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

i run dh tires front and back

18. jamesb

jamesb Member

The try-all tire is great, and it has good pinch resistance. I haven't flatted mine yet.

19. Elan

Elan steve french

:ban: or kk

20. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Try Alls are grippy, but foldy. Michelins seem to be the way to go. Good pinch resistance, grippy and doesn't fold all over the place at lower psi's like a Try All will.