whats a good BB?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by nidoss, May 13, 2004.

1. nidoss

nidoss Guest

Ok, so i did a search but i couldnt find anything talking about bottom brackets.
    My truvativ DH bb went to the crapper a few days ago and i was wondering what a good replacement BB would be?

i talked to a guy down at a bike store and he kept talking up the FSA.
    any good?
    thanks

2. B1105

B1105 New Member

FSA Platinum Pro, I've used it on my FR/DH rig and trials bike and the thing wont break. Its also pretty light at 200 grams, not 10 lbs like the tru vativ shit.

otherwise race faces are alright.....nah

3. Elan

Elan steve french

yes. FSA pt pro DH has 4 or so bearings on the driveside, and they are light. and they last a long time

4. redneck_biker

redneck_biker Guest

ok so what is a bottom bracket i don't understand. can someone post a pic of a bike and draw a arrow showing what it is.

5. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

speaking of which, what are some good square taper BBs?

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

That was funny.

Good square- race face tapers been my friend for a while. ISIS = FSA..

7. Elan

Elan steve french

bottom bracket is the mijigger that you connect your cranks to. it is also called a bottom bearing by some people, and other stuff by other people.

8. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

no- normal people call it a bottom bracket. people who call it other things do it just to irritiate people who know better.

edit- like andrew said- square: race face taperlocks isis: fsa are great.

9. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

If your going for something cheap get a shimano Lx UN52/53, or an XTUN72/73. I've had both the 72 and 53, both have been flawless in my experiences, my 72 happily lasted me a year, my 53's been going strong for a few months since my new frame. However you do get shitty plastic cups with them .