What will you guys replace bt.ca with?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by dahouse, Dec 3, 2004.

1. dahouse

dahouse Guest

Well we need a site for the local canadians, what are you guys gonna visit instead now? I think the trials section of Pink bike is for me now... How about you guys? Where are you going to go to keep it canadian?

2. Burn

Burn Guest

pfft keeping it canadian is all the vic guys asking where they wanna ride next.

you're going to pinkbike? dear god... i cant stand looking at that forum for a minute.

this is my place now... i like it cuz it has an off topic forum. :luke:

3. Mike

Mike Guest

Dude, biketrials.ca is not gone. Because the site was on 3 servers, none of which were really payed for by biketrials.ca it was a sketch site. With otn hosting the photo section(thanks matt) and the main page by someone else and teh forum by someone, something was bound to go wrong with it. As soon as morley and brett and everyone else who is helping with the site get money to buy their own server biketrials.ca will live again. I believe all the old forum data is still there but just not working. Just be patient and we will have it back better than ever.

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

They've already picked up a hosting package and are working on getting it going again. I'm happy to have you guys here in the meantime or anytime for that matter. Don't worry about it, its all under control.

5. Megamo123

Megamo123 No more megamo!

I'm staying here and going back to bt.ca forum... I think this is a great forum.. I wish canadian Riders would post more here too:D

6. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

i am just gonna wait for bt.ca to get going again. until then, ill hang out here and the trials-online.com forums.

-RS

7. BrettM

BrettM New Member

It wasn't really the money thing. We are starting off fairly basic, compared to this site anyways, as far as how much money is needed to run it. It was more of a time thing with looking into stuff and actually making the attempt to do it right this time. The money is actually fairly small and personally I wouldn't mind if I ended up having to pay for it out of my pocket its that little of a deal. The sorta plan is to help fund it a bit with putting out a couple things that some people are into. Like the shirts deal. A couple bux made per shirt would keep the site set for a while.

Just be patient with us. There is a ton of stuff here that I'm sure you've found by now to hold yourself over, and most likely keep you here after the new bt.ca. To tell you the truth I don't even have a clue what Morley is up to. The other day he put a 10 up on the main page. I thought it was a count down or something. A few days passed and its now at 11 and has been for a few days. Not a whole lot is known other than it will be back.

8. morley

morley New Member

Bah... People who complain/make comments about the vic scene are just jelous of how tight our scene is.

On another note if BikeTrials.ca ever returns it won't have an off topic, I just find too many people use the net/computer as a veil to create some alternative persona... the NSMB gong show incident / board closure comes to mind.

On a side note: I recomend canadian riders to use matts site, he's hosted our videos, lent us a picture forum, and been real nice to us canuckers. Thank you matt. :D

No hockey, no, bt.ca, and winter = no riding... well at least we still have our beer.

9. Burn

Burn Guest

10. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

DAMN YOU PEOPLE WHO CAN DRINK LEGALLY! Well how about a batch of some of those key strap thingamabobers i saw a while ago? (t-shirts? hoodies?) stickers too :D

11. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

damn you're too right.............I miss hockey and dry ground.......:wtc:

12. Mike

Mike Guest

R. I. P. biketrials.ca

13. poutine

poutine Guest

Everything is leagal....til you get caught

14. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

what do you mean......sry I don't get it??

15. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Same deal as "if a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it actually make a sound?"

16. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

OK.
    jeeze I'm not gettin anything today....must be all this studying(not good for you btw)

17. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

AMEN to that. :)

18. netto

netto New Member

:yum: i can drink now
    but im not going to:wiggle:

19. norco tt

norco tt New Member

no wonder canada has gays marriages

20. pan man

pan man New Member