what tire levers?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by durkie, Sep 23, 2004.

1. durkie

durkie Member

what are you guys using? i've got the michelin on a dx32 and it's a huge godamn bitch to get on and off. i have to use steel levers, but they regularly pinch the tube.

2. willapaj

willapaj New Member

I find park makes the best plastic levers... but for those pain in the ass tires, I use a Pedro's DH tire lever. Never pinched a tube with it... yet...

Never tried one of those crank bros. style levers that you use with the hub...

The Pedro's DH tire lever...
    [​IMG]

3. Lil RomEo

Lil RomEo New Member

Any plastic ones. They are cheap so it doesn't matter if they break.

4. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Park also makes a nice set of DH ones. They're metal, so you have to take your time and be careful, but they definitely work very well

5. TTownJon

TTownJon New Member

I use the pedros hard plastic tire levers. They are a little bigger then the sandard lever, but way stiffer.

They are very cheap ($3 I think) and have lasted me all summer of dhing and way un-smooth trials.

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

The Park Steel ones. You won't pinch your tube if you inflate it some......

7. Pitote

Pitote Guest

Those yellow plastic michelin ones. Seems like they're gonna break at any point when you use 'em, but they don't :Sonic:

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

the blue park tools are quite strong, that's what I thought :) But when I had to take off my rear tryall tyre I really went nuts..it was such a beast to take off.... I broke three park tools, an old one and two brand new ones! Wide rims and DH tyres are a pain.. Now I ordered two of the Pedros DH and a set of plastic ones for the normal tyres. That should be fine.

I always thought the Michelin C24 was THE beast to take off, but now there is a different tyre on top: the tryall :D

9. pav

pav New Member

Me personally, I quite like the Flathead Screwdrivers and Cone spanners, they really do it for me!
    Worked fine on Mickeys Michelin too! Just gotta be a little careful.

10. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Any tire lever and a screw driver gets my mich off. I hate taking that tire off...

11. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

i hate using metal ones.. i use a combination of red plastic ones and strength. (Michelin on Alex/Echo rim)

12. JK

JK New Member

TACX levers are the best, if you can find them.