What stem on Coustellier?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Mehukatti, May 31, 2004.

1. Mehukatti

Mehukatti Guest

What stem do you use on coustellier and what's your height? I'm currently forced to use 100mm 5deg stem since the Koxx importer doesn't have Try-ALL stems in stock. I'm 184cm and the steering feels a little bit too low and streched out. I'm probably switching to Try-ALL 105mm or 90mm 15deg stem. But what are your experiences? Btw, I'm using Yourself replica bar...

2. JK

JK New Member

I'm currently using a Brisa bar/stem (15 degree, 120mm). I'm looking to switch to something a bit lower like a 5 degree, 110mm. The Brisa feels good to me though, but a lower stem gives me more control, easier to up things. I'm 190 cm tall. I really like the low/stretched out feeling. I guess it depends on your riding style. I'm planning on running a Thompson stem and Try-all bar, when the $$ comes around.

3. KenC

KenC Member

I am 6'7" (200 cm) and am using a 120x20d stem. I like it, but others think it's too long and tall. The only thing I don't really like is when I've got my front wheel on something high, it makes it kinda hard to go to rear wheel since I can't get my weight as forward as I would like.