what size frame?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by bmorekirby, Jul 29, 2004.

1. bmorekirby

bmorekirby I have bloody shins, yay?

which frame?

I'm either getting a koxx level boss or a zoo pitbull. I am going to be riding mostly urban trials. Which one will hold up to abuse better? the zoo comes in 1060 only. the koxx comes in 1040, and 1065. what size would be best?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2004
  2. bwagner

bwagner New Member

25 mm makes a difference .
    I'm riding a 1085 right now Kirby. i used to ride like a 1020 or something. When you getting your new frame?
    You need to hook up with me for some riding soon

3. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

koxx def............

4. bmorekirby

i am getting the frame ASAP. probably mid september if things go right
    i would like to ride with you soon, but I am on the injured list do to a bum knee from getting in a fight with some stairs

5. Elan

Elan steve french

how tall are you, that will determine the length you want? LB also comes in 1100 if yo uare really tall. i say the koxx will be better no matter what.

6. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

i say get the koxx just because the geometry is, in most mays, better for urban.
    how tall are you? i wouldn't suggest the 1040 to anyone shorter than 5'8" or 5'9". even then it would be a bit short unless you have really short legs.

7. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Kirby.. dunno if you've seen the post in the for sale section but i've got a Pitbull frame and a bunch of parts for sale CHEAP.

For opinions though, you won't go wrong with either frame if they fit you. Unless you're over 6 feet or so.. 1060 will feel pretty good. That's the only reason i'm selling mine is to get a longer frame.. i'm 6'3'' and still feels a hair short. The wheelbase comes out to about 1070 with my fork on it.

If I keep hearing about more riders in Baltimore i'm gonna have to move back... miss my hometown.

8. bmorekirby

well there is going to be a comp soon. i think august 9? check ridemonkey.com for info, you should come.