What should I make in my yard?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by hophopsnap, Jun 10, 2004.

1. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

OK, hes the sitciation, I have a 3 1/2 foot wide box, 14 inches high, 8 feet long, I also have about 4-5 nicly sized rocks. I was wondering (im a beginner and cant do any rear wheel moves yet) what I shoul set up in my backyard? Should I pile the rocks around the box? should I just pile the rocks and go to the box from that? should I scatter the rocks aboot the backyard and just leave the box outta it? just wondering what I should do so I can start to practice for Fontana. Oh and BTW to all you fontana people im going a class up! from beginner to whatever else is next. (damn i forgot what the class was, I remember beginner, pro, expert)

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

sport

Hmmm, I'd put most of those rocks together a reasonable distance away from the box. I'd put two of the rocks close together seperate from the rest of the stuff. Leave two sides of the box approchable so you can ride up it from different angles using different moves.

3. bubbazanetti

bubbazanetti New Member

Hey Hophopsnap...

Are you Nic? We have a Fontana comp this Sunday & I would like to give you the award you won a couple months ago. I lost your address & I have been carting the award around with me. I thought you'd be at Keyesville, since it's close to Visalia.

4. hophopsnap

yes i am nic. yeah i totally forgot about keyesville i wish i would have gone. i am planning on going to Fontana this 13th. im going to run in sport this time to have people to compete againest. :bigthumb:

5. Elan

Elan steve french

as per the original question: a gazebo

6. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

A fallout shelter for Oicdn's turban bombing campaign.Women and children first!!

To DIE!!!!

7. hophopsnap

hahahahahahhahahahah. meh.

8. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

how big are the rocks? just put them around the box, with a few in a cluster etc. you cal always move them and stuff.

i had fun for two hours with a 1'x1'x6" rock and a 1'2" cobbled step the other day.

9. hophopsnap

no can do. they are so heavy I cant even flip them. so once they are there they are there for a while. unless my friends/family help me. oh and its soo cool my mom is tearing out all the grass and putting in wood chips for the trials area. i was thinkin this would be softer to land on and be a more of a challenge. there isnt much room to pedal around. just going to kinda fill it full of rocks back there. someday I will take some pics and show all you guys. maybe i should take the plywood off the top of the metal framed box? like pedal kick across it and then to a rock pile? lol sorry for the rambling

10. Manning

Manning LA Trials Knights

nail down a bunch of 2x4's to practice skinnies. you can also gap them like rails.

11. Ryden

Ryden Guest

Put all the rocks together so you can practise a variety of moves on them. If they're apart, all you'll be able to do is up and drop them. So definately put them together. Put the box near for gapping, but not in the centre, it will break up future lines and make it too easy. Plus with it a small distance away, you can increase the gap as you get better.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

gazebo's bring in a good profit i hear

13. hophopsnap

good idea Ryden. how can gazebo's bring in profit when its in your backyard???!??!

14. Elan

Elan steve french

you can rent it out for weddings. darf.

15. PJL

PJL War is Peace

You can have sex in gazebos. In public. No one cares. Just an FYI.

16. Elan

Elan steve french

maybe in the middle of bumfuck minnesota... dont be spreading your canadian wannabe ass philosophies on here where young eyes can see em. eh?

17. hophopsnap

LOL hey i used to live in Minnesota before i moved to wonderful california. these rocks out here rule! to bad i live in the fookin vally and its flat for ages.

18. PJL

PJL War is Peace

Yes, in fact I used to live in bumfuck minnnesota, that's with a lower case 'b' because the residents without teeth find it hard to put that extra emphasis the full fledged 'B' requires.

It too bad you priviledged Colorado boys haven't got in on the poorly kept secret that we already own Canada. You really should talk to your history teacher about this. It must be very embarrasing hearing this from a canadian wannabe such as myself.