What next?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by oxygen_77, Apr 16, 2004.

1. oxygen_77

oxygen_77 Guest

So last week I learned pedal-ups and now yesterday I was landing them and managing to stay on the rear wheel, I'm consistently up to around 6 backhops, I can pivot the rear wheel 90 degrees, I can pivot front to rear for balancing, I can smoothly drop about 2.5 feet maybe more, I can hop in place, I can manual with ease, so what should I start working on next? I like to try to keep challenging myself so I want to know what should be my next step? Thanks!

P.S. I've only been practicing trials since mid to late January so does it sound like I'm learning at a decent pace? I hope I'm not going too slow...

2. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

Just work your way up to bigger and bigger moves and do them as smooth as you can. Also try and ride natural as much as possible because that will help your balance and endurance a ton.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

robbie you better be at the library, otherwise learn how to use that AIM button some time.

oxygen- go ride on a dirt mound.

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Umm....I would learn to sidehop, and ride skinnies if you have no access to natty...mineas well practice balance that way if you can't practice off camber stuff....

And if you can't already get everything on your shit side up to par to get as ambidextrous as possible....it sure as hell kicking my ass....

5. oxygen_77

oxygen_77 Guest

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I rode natural yesterday when I learned to land my pedal-ups on the rear and stick them. At first the natural terrain seemed difficult, but I quickly found I was much more confident leaping onto rocks and logs than I usually am leaping on to concrete stairs and slabs. Seems like sometimes too much concrete freaks me out ;)

On a side note:
    anybody ever smack the inside-side of their kneecap so hard it bruised on the outside-side? I did this the other day when my hub failed and supposedly it means I knocked my kneecap laterally but it still hurts pretty badly. Just wondering how long I should expect it to take to heal completely. Thanks!