what headset do i need ?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by [email protected], Jun 20, 2004.

1. hey guys just gota megamo equip pro and was wondering what headset i need ?
    thankd in advance mike

2. B1105

B1105 New Member

I think megamos are interal cup headsets? if so, something like the Cane Creek IS-2 or IS-6. Woodman also makes an internal cup headset.

3. yeah im not sure and no body can give me a straight answer cant seem to find the wright person at the right tiem ROMAN we need you lol

thanks
    MIKE

if any one else has any info it would be greatly apprietiated

4. tomeleyskins

tomeleyskins Guest

megamo's have internal headsets.. You will need a headset such as a Cane Creek Zero Stack (ZS)..

*internal headsets have bearings that run on cups that are inside the head tube.
    *integrated headsets have bearings that run on the inside on the headtube.. you need a frame that is compatable to run these headsets (Not many, if any trials manufactures make frames such as these).

5. ok i dont wanna go out and buy one for 130 bux and see later thats its the wrong one how sure are you 100 % ?

thnaks
    MIKE

6. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

My old 2001 onza t-mag had an internal fitting headset. It took a Cane Creek ZS (Zero Stack).

7. tomeleyskins

tomeleyskins Guest

Yes, I am 100%

8. poutine

poutine Guest

Yes you well need a internal headset.The best ones on the market are cane creeks.

Get pics i always liked the look of megamo's.

9. bigd

bigd Guest

actually cane creek headsets lick hairy balls. i've replaced more cane creeks than cheap aheadsets because of binding. and yes, this is with properly faced standard headtubes. but, for the internal species, they're about all you'll find. i have a cane creek internal on my ss commuter, and the only reason its not trashed already is that i'm using fsa races. fsa headsets in many cases use the exact same bearings, but their races are shaped a bit differently, i think they're just taller.

10. oicdn

oicdn Guest

All Megamo's have INTERNAL headsets....not integrated. So, you are pretty much limited to Cane Creek Zero-Stack. I think theWoodman works...the King, from what I hear will work, as it's the same shape as the Cane Creek, but if you read Kings site, they say it's different....

Just get the Zero Stack ZS2 or ZS6.....can't go wrong.....

BTW...did you get that Equip Pro from Megamo Midwest from this forum????