What ever happened to???

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by DangerousDave, May 27, 2004.

1. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

In terms of trials riding, what happened to these guys?

Alex Cubbage

Scott Thompson

Jeff Lenosky

Chris Clark

Tony Fernandez

JJ Greg...

Lance Trappe

Nelson Reis

Cris Santos

2. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I think Lance is just doing demo's. He did a demo at my college :bigthumb: :bigthumb: for Trek (A PX with Trek stickers) just after the bike battle in Boston. I heard a rumor that JJ hurt himself and is now doing BMX but I don't really know.....

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

Alex Cubbage- college, cleaned his act up, not riding much if at all.

Scott Thompson- ?

Jeff Lenosky- street. he doesnt get paid to ride trials, he gets paid to ride street.

Chris Clark- demos, finishing up college, should see more of him in the near future.

Tony Fernandez- busted ass ankle from a mototrials accident, spent a year in recovery. still riding. still good.

JJ Greg...- street and injured, heard his was doing mini bike street racing stuff in PA.

Lance Trappe- demos from what i hear.

Nelson Reis- in brasil?

Cris Santos- in michigan raising a family

this is all just what i have heard- please dont quote me on this stuff, it might not be solid info.

what happened to brisa? i know most businesses try to have a phone that works- are they doing some sort of new wave management theory or something?

4. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Lance is living down here in Orlando riding daily for Cirque Du Soleil. He auditioned with a local friend of mine (who is now the back up for Lance.. pretty cool) and some other top riders from around the country. What an amazing job to be able to work with the performers in Cirque.

Kevin, Brisa just moved to a new location, that's why the phone and contacts have been down (according to my friend here who's a local dealer for them). Not too smart to have your business lines out though.

5. philth

philth Active Member

LANCE TRAPPE - Is in Orlando Florida performing in Crique de soleil

[​IMG]

Damb tzimon you beat me, but you didn't have a picture,

HRH Philth is now sitting on his arse in Fort Myers florida wondering about riding.

6. DangerousDave

good to hear a decent amount of those guys are still around somewhere. i remember a lot of them were at squamish back in 2000. i remember cubbage was crazy smooth on his monty stock and mod. jj always had the frigin mad skills. too bad hes done (well who knows i guess)

7. jimmybikes

jimmybikes New Member

That picture bothers me....Eric Moore at NORBA, now gone!!! always said oh forget the trials guys they are like some circus freaks!!!

And now I have to admit he was right...that picture bother me.

Really, isn't this great! I am glad for Lance, it would be a real honor to be working with people that are so talented, he deserves to be there!

I hope he makes a ton of money and get's to show a lot of people what trials it about.

Jobs like this is good for all trials riders!

Jim VanSchoonhoven

8. average mike

average mike Guest

Cris is in Brazil right now, i have no idea where nelson is, probably Brazil also.

9. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

last i heard Scott Thompson was riding for megamo, on their mod bike doing demos in cali, and working on his low rider.........

10. DangerousDave

So now hes left with all the other Megamo riders? alone :(

11. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Ahhh Rio has SOOOOO Much concrete

12. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Who's on the Megamo team anyhow?

13. Eder

Eder Guest

[/quote] Ahhh Rio has SOOOOO Much concrete[/quote]

Maybe I'm stupid but I still dont know what are you talking about...
    If you're making fun of me just tell me what I dont know, so I can laugh too.

Anyways, check some pics of a comp in Rio. Cris was there.

http://www.pedal.com.br/release-explode1.asp

14. xumbyx

xumbyx Guest

JJ G - had his knee fixed I am pretty sure, he has been on the BMX/Street bike alot I guess. I do not know if he is riding trials as much anymore. He is also working at some sort of power plant somewhere in the middle of nowhere PA, or at least he was at motorama time.

Chris Clark - Team Mongoose/Hyundai, doing demos, has one year left in college in NYC at Wagner I believe. He is still around for sure, I rode a demo with him and mike steidly few months back in NYC. He has been doing a good amount of park/street stuff just like lenosky. He showed up at motorama, he is on the same stock frame as Hans Rey and Petr Kraus.

What ever happened to Libor Karas??? Brian Maier? Jason Dunahoe? Jason Schwinnibart? Pogi Tortice? Jason McClean? Marc Brooks? ..... list goes on and on.... haha

Mike Umbarger

15. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

Schwinnibart is still down here in Baltimore and just as obnoxious as ever.

I heard a rumor that Libor is up in CT working as a mortgage broker or something

Last I heard, Pogi was a contractor working in NJ.

I understand that Marc Brooks works in his field of Mech Eng.

I saw Jason McClean at a Candytown event a few years ago...nothing recent.

16. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Chris Clark did a demo just last week at Big Bear Cali. Jason Dunnahoe did a couple of competions at Fontana, CA this year, and I believe he lives hear in So Cal. ANd Tony Fernandez was at couple of So Cal Comps this year too.

17. durkie

durkie Member

i believe brian maier is out there with you colorado folk. i think he just got caught up in all that other stuff like skiing, life, drinking, girls, school, etc....

still really damn good though last i saw him.

18. xumbyx

xumbyx Guest

Oh yea... now that I think of it I heard he was in the Stamford CT area being some sort of a broker... Also heard he was occasionally spotted in the woods in that area on a moto trials bike, but pretty much done with the whole bike thing...

-Mike Umbarger

19. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

what happened to josh melo?

20. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

What happened to Dave Nagle? ;)