What do you do?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Spacemunkee, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

Just wondering.. what do you practice when your not riding with a group.. like just around home in the back yard? at the moment all i do is practice gapping with two planks of wood, rolling backwards, bunnyhopping as high as i can, balancing on back wheel without correction hops, wedges, 180's, crankflips .. anyone have any suggestions on what could be added..

2. Elan

Elan steve french

balancing on elevated and narrow objects, ride on rocks, pivots, surges, lunges, ups.... everything you can possibly imagine.. when i am not riding with a group, i usually push myself too hard to leanr one thing and i get frustrated...its good to try at least three different things, even if you devote like 3 hours to one move..haha

3. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I'll go out and practice some show stuff, such as front hops, pivots etc., but also normal trials riding. I also jump up walls by foot, just for fun.. TRA I'm coming ;)

4. Paul

Paul Guest

I mainly practise wedges and ups with very short runups,but I have to start doing some wheelswaps too `cuz I`m shit. :D

5. Elan

Elan steve french

yea, i do those too..short run ups are good for ya

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Hmm..on this ocasion i`d like to ask a few things about wheelswaps : do you crouch over the bars,stay there abit(1-3 sec) and then explode upwards,or do you sit up straight,crouch and immediately spring upwards ? I`m having really big trouble with these thigs :S

7. Elan

Elan steve french

like..my belly button is at the head o the stem, and then i like stall for a sec and then pedal/pull up real hard... watch a video of like coust or even FTC3, robbie is awesome at those moves.

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I know what you mean about getting fustrated about moves, I used to do that. When I ride around my house and stuff, I have a rule I almost always follow. On every obstagle you try, try it 3 different ways. Use a different move, idff technique, diff angle, speed, etc. When I ride with others I try going bigger and doing cool stuff, when I ride alone I do as techy stuff as possible.

9. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

i have some cool stuff in yard that always changes.. and i practice everything all the time, for along time.. get good fast :)

i also ride bmx.. and yes it helps alot!

10. B1105

B1105 New Member

I basically have no one who rides trials so I always ride alone. I have some pallets in my garage and i practice balancing on road lines. Loads of fun.

11. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

ups...ups ups ups, also gaps and balance moves. refine any technique, and work on small stuff

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I ride no differently on group rides than I do on regular rides. Actually, sometimes you have to wait for other people to ride the object- so you wait more. That is all.

13. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

when you wheel swap/switch you dont really have to move your body from its starting position that much. Start on something about a foot high.. stick yer front wheel on it and get ure back wheel as close as you can ( but with some clearence obviously) then stand upright over your bars and think about what your going to have to do.. you want to pull up and push/scoop the back wheel forward. Dependent on the size of swap im gonna do governs whether i preload a lot or not. Crouch down slightly and remember be explosive and also to stay over ure bars until you throw the bike forward where you will be in your normal back hop position.