Weird thing.... help would be great?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Rob.K, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

My maggie is doing this strange thing, and maybe someone could help.

When I was practicing pedal-ups I missed a bit low and my wheel slipped out. I then look and my pad is angled towards my rim grinding against it when I ride along.
    I then loosen the bolts and re-adjust it so that the pad is straight again(which worked well. But I did some more pedal-ups and it happend again and it contimues to happen over and over.

Is something stripped or anything, I don't know it seems as though the mounts are just not keeping it in place very well.

Thanks for any help it would be much appreciated.

2. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Could be the stupid plastic ring that surrounds the actual cylinder. I had the same problem with my front brake, but mine is because of my Four bolt mounts. Mine are actually some cheap version that doesn't say Magura on them, they're polished and shiny, not the usual silver or black painted ones. The color obviously doesn't matter, but the fact that the tolerances might be sloppy does. Check the plastic ring for serious distortion, or maybe check to see if you have a pair of inferior mounts like mine. Also you could file a little bit off of the little tabs on the mounts, so that they might be able to close a little tighter around your cylinder, but not too much as you'll squeeze the cylinder and mess up your brakes. I hope this helps you out.
    ~Bruce Wagner

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Just tighten the bolts even more.

4. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Yes I have tried tightening the bolts as much as I can.

I will take it off and look for that rubber ring. Thanks bwanger.

5. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

the ones that i had did that, the ring thing was trashed. if you can't get it to stay try using some poos glue eg ados or something... would add lots of friction but you'd stil be able to get it off easy enough. just don't superglue it on there.

...mine were held on with a huge ass hose clamp, so that could've contributed to the problem also.

6. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

Yes, the black plastic ring can become warped. It happened to me also, just get a new one. Be careful about cranking down too much on the bolts because you can slightly compress the cylinder and diminish your braking performance and ruin the cylinder.

7. sharpe

sharpe Guest

how long are your bolts? i had the problem that my bolts were too long so i had to cut them down about 2mm.

8. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I put a tube around the plastic thing surrounding the cylinder and it now works great.

Thanks all for the help.