Wanted: 4-bolt bashring

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by trialsian, May 4, 2004.

1. trialsian

trialsian Guest

I need a SOLID 4-bolt bashring for a Truvativ crank. Please send me a picture and a price. Thanks.

2. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

i do 2...

the only one i've foudn thats 4 bolt and small (22tooth) is that ring god one for 35 bucks.. are their cheaper alternatives?

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

ive had real bad luck w/ the ring god, i machined down an evil, looks sweet, strong as hell, and real light.

4. Shipley

Shipley ..........

No real cheaper alternatives that I know of.. I can tell you though.. I beat the hell out of my ring god for four bolt.. then passed it on to a friend to use who beat a little more hell out of it and it's still usable. It's got cracks around the bolt holes, bends all over, but I could still bolt it up and use it I bet if I needed to. It's lasted a good almost 2 years of people using it... and that's before I found the joy that is UCI.

5. trialsin' my blood

trialsin' my blood i'm feeling fat and sassy

haha, and now you're gonna beat some more hell out of it!!!

6. Shipley

Shipley ..........

It is now cut into chunks.. one for the bottom two bolts of a four bolt spider.. finally tore the threads out of my other spider. fun times.

the old granny god still lives.

7. Sauerkraut

Sauerkraut Guest

Homemade Lexan bashring a friend and I are running. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to make huge numbers of these due to our manual milling machine and lathe, but we are working on selling some.

Check out the following for more info...

http://biketrials.mtbforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2537

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Heres a nice small one I've made for myself at work too. The thing with mine is that I had to machine the back of the spider down to a nice flat surface to get mine to work. I obviously cut off the middle chainring tabs too, but it's small and really strong. There might be a few prettier ones on the market, but it works, and all it cost me was a few hours labor

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  9. pav

pav New Member

I have my old one off my old cranks that ill sell to anyone.
    Its about 7mm wide, not bent or anything, alloy, has some teeth, looks same as raceline rhino bashring but silver and better quality.
    Ill sell for 20 AUD if you pay shipping if you are desperate. Off top of my head it is like 13 USD or something?
    PM me or wateva, worn and used but will get you by!

pav