w00t, my new bike

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Gaps720, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

2. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Damn...$375....good 1st bike...

3. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

this will be my second mod and second trials bike. my first was a monty x-alp 219 with maggies. it was chromoly and this is aluminum so hopefully it's lighter. 375 high or low?

4. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

The bike will definatley be lighter...

That is a little bit of a high price, but it's not too bad! Darn, you shoulda gotten mine for 275! Oh well, enjoy the new bike. Looks like everything on it is in fairly decent condition.

Edit-Looks like one of those levers could be bent? Dunno, probably just the angle.

5. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

it says in the description that one of the levers is aftermarket so that might be why it looks funny... i dunno. so 375 is fair? he said he originally bought it for a lil over a grand so i thought it was a pretty good deal considering he only used it for a season and a half.

6. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

No, the aftermarket CNC lever is the one on the left hand side of the bike (front brake I guess). The other silver lever looks bent at the top.

It's not common for bikes that are that old to go for 250. It's not a bad deal what you got, but it's not a steal either. Most trials bikes sell for probably less than half of what the original owner purchased them for. It's sad, but it's the way things go. The only people that buy used trials bikes are begginners, and begginners arent' willing to pay that much.

375 Is fair, but not a steal. A Year 1/2 of trials is quite some time for a frame. Most people replace frames every year and a half right?

EDIT-The front brake is not even a Magura. Don't know how those brakes will hold up, only time will tell. I dought they are as good as Maggies though, considering that nobody uses them much. The silver lever could be CNC, but if it is I think he stripped it of it's color. They come in black for Magura's. Not sure...

7. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

it says the cnc lever is the back one in the ad, so i assume the right one is the aftermarket. did you mean "uncommon"? also, he said he bought it for 1000, so 375 is way less than half... i dunno, i am just trying to rectify my purchase. the bidding started at 350 though, so i didn't have much choice if i really wanted to get this bike. thanks for your help though. -dustin

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

I didn't know they made CNC levers for Star brakes or whatever, so hence I thought he stripped down the CNC lever for the Magura one to silver.

Yes, I've never seen star brakes on any trials bikes, only heard about them back in the day when I was begginning trials. Even then I only read about them through Stephen who mentioned them breifly.

375 Is less than half, but it's not a steal. I'll say it one more time-It's a good deal, but it's not too high, yet it's not a steal. I got my X Lite for 300, and that had better brakes, was cheaper, had better parts (Brisa bar/stem are on a different system of measurements etc...mind they are still very good, but you can't run anything with them, IE Brisa stem Monty bar) and I got that a year and a half ago...

have fun, the bike is still a GREAT choice

9. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

eh, ive broken them both, ill be in austin next week, so well fix the bike up to help prevent any damage that ive been known to do to them.

10. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

Sick bike!! My mates have had the same one previously. Enjoy it

11. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

haha did you buy it from a guy named eric? I won the NATS in Lake Placid on that bike, I borrowed it from him, it rode well!

12. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

hahaha... yep his name is Eric Prusinowski. weird stuff.

13. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

don't ever use the word w00t again, or you will end up wearing pink like...

14. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

who? ...heh. btw, i got the bike, great condition, no bent lever, happy with my purchase. yay

15. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

You will figure out sooner or later...haha