Vincents Bike....

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by oicdn, Aug 30, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Just watching some vids of him, wishing I could ride like him, hell ride at all :)

I noticed all of his stuff is Koxx stuff for the obvious reasons. Booster, rims, tires, XTP, forks, grips, bars, stem, cranks, hub, etc.....

How does his bike ride? Any of you CO guys ride it? Just curious as to how it rides it being all one brand instead of a homologation of parts like everybody elses bikes...just something that spouted some curiousity...

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

wtf?

He has to ride that shit, even if he doesn't want to....I wouldn't want to ride it as is, unless my fingers magically grew 4".

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah..I know he has to...self promotion, and company promotion. Just wondering if for some reason it rode surprisingly well because of all the brand continuity...or if it rides like poo, and it "limits" his riding because of it...

If he's like "this rim and booster is poo...."

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

it rides nice- but ride your own set up. he rides sick as shit because he is good not because his bike works well from having all try-all stuff. the try-all rim can hold a grind like a little girl can open a pickel jar (ie- not very well). the try-all tires are super sticky but i am personally not a fan of the casing they have. the rear hub is always loose because "anodizing made the tolerance specs off" and the cranks.... well- lets just say the cranks are inconsistent. the try-all stuff is for the most part really good though and if you buy a try-all part, it is probably a sound investment. that doesnt mean its th ebest part for you though- experiment and buy what will work best for you. i would ten times rather ride a bike which is thrown together of all kinds of brands than ride a 90% try-all/koxx bike.

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

He did hint at a few parts he didn't like, I"m not going to say what it was but "I must run zem"

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah....I knew he was a sick rider and all I was just wondering what the opinion of his was on the bike considering he HAS TO run it, and if he'd rather ride other parts that "better suit him"... ;) But I guess you can't complain if you have an infinite supply of stuff and it's OK. Better than having awesome stuff, but not free or as easily/readily available I guess.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

he goes through some parts like normal people go through tubes...

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Interesting, like what?

9. Matt Staples

Matt Staples Guest

Forks I think, and probably bars, maybe not the new ones though...

10. poutine

poutine Guest

Chains.......most of those guys change there chains after 2 weeks or maybe even urlier just for the stress factor.

11. cousinkenni

cousinkenni New Member

Hey Kevin,

If I remember correctly Don't you run the Try-all rims?
    If they don't hold grinds very well then why do you run them? Just because they are wide?

Ken T.

12. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

I think Kevin's in the same situation as myself...

You can run the super-soft Try-All rim with Coustellier brake pads and still get decent life out of a grind, and good braking performance!

13. oicdn

oicdn Guest

When are those damn Coust pads available???? I'm thinkin of just doing CRMs on a worn grind...should lock well eh?

14. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! that was so funny

15. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

mine is like 98% try-all/KOXX

16. WhiteRavenKS

ed you run the try-all tubes right? oh they are super duper pinch proof.

i will give you all a hint as to what he goes through like we go through tubes.... TUBES. ahahaha.

i run the try-all rim because its wide... im begining to doubt if its really worth it though. it is a pain in the ass to grind and then have it be practically polished after one round at a comp. i wish either A- alex made a stupid wide rim (dx- twenty thousand) or B- try-all lmade the rim out of a harder material.

17. sebLG

sebLG New Member

vincent is probably one of the only riders good enough to run all koxx stuff without destroying instantly :rofl: ... and dx32's are almost as wide as koxx :dunno: what, are the cous stays only just narrow enough for a koxx rim or soemthing?

18. lal

lal Guest

i think u r wrong...
    Koxx/tryall is one of the better fully built bike instead of stem (to low for me) and hand grip (tohard for me girlshands )....
    koxx and tryall stuf r designed from Vince feels.... and i dont understand when u say "he has to ride it"......he won't ask to ride shit!
    However its right this stuff won't suit every rider...

19. WhiteRavenKS

seb, there is a big difference between the try-all and dx-32 in terms of the stability gained by the extra width. its hugely noticable on crazy off camber natural.

20. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

im gonna start running the old 517's