Video from my trip to Sydney

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by alexm, Sep 10, 2004.

1. alexm

alexm Member

Ok, i edited this last night, and i'm pretty happy with it apart from a few shitty shots that i didnt focus properly. The video is much shorter than i would have liked aswell, it pissed down rain in the middle of the day which took out a large chunk of possible riding time. i like the editing too but please say if you dont, like if its over edited or something i should do or shouldnt do.

The link is on the home page of http://canberratrials.com

Alex

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  2. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

I am I just retarded or what?
    Ever time I click on the link it sends me to microsoft.com??? Whats the deal?

3. Cole

Cole New Member

Nice job Alex! Nice editing and music. Two minutes? Come on, what is this a teaser? You have to get more of your own riding filmed.

Peace's tantrum in the water was hilarious.

Edit: Trialsking, try this : www.canberratrials.com

4. Peace

Peace pedocrab

haha i was just over and thought well theres no point of gettin out of the water quicker cos its already too late, so why not chuck a nana for the camera, i sent that shoe so far! hehe love the vid, didnt think there was that much footage! and it was fairly decent... wish i made that gap to the planter thing...
    oh and your fuckin sick at editing!
    PEace

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  5. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I really enjoyed that. Some good riding from all. Alex, your taps are getting truly sick. That one you did looked like you could have done it in your sleep. As always, I look forward to the next vid.

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

i haven't listened to that cd in ages. Is it played otu poser shit in aus now too? Editing was fine, beginning especially.

7. alexm

alexm Member

Thanks Cole. i had some trouble with getting started with the editing for this video. the intro happened almost by accident. i had the clip in reverse, it was quite boring. then i decided i would cut the clip up and make different segments fade brighter and darker. this made the clips in reverse all random. pretty cool in the end. sorry it was so short though, the weather is to blame for that. also, i am in enough videos, these guys are never shown off and they are good. adam kelly's style is awesome!

i have changed my tap technique so much in my time riding, i think i am finally happy with it. it works best with a short runnup which is handy and i no longer tap so hard, i used to rely on fork flex to get me up walls. i practiced 360 pedal rotation pedal ups, like seen in the new TRA video and the Colorado Vincent videos, this helped a tonne, i learnt to jump a lot more so hopefully my forks will last longer.

It is now overplayed for sure, so is franz ferdinand and since modest mouse's latest album, they have too. the first i heard of franz ferdinand was from the what album should i buy thread on this forum not that long ago, now he is everywhere.

thanks for the comments so far.

Alex

8. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Looked like an awesome spot in the beginning of the video. Was it salt water by the way? If so, then do you notice any effects on just the metal parts of the bike (chains/spokes etc).

The editing had a nice flow with the music as well.

Good job.

9. esfrost

esfrost New Member

erm hmmm mmmmm what is the music??

10. Cole

Cole New Member

At first I was just sore that so little time was devoted to each rider but it was actually really refreshing to see Peace, Adam, and Mitch's styles. Definitely one of your best videos Alex.

What is with the throwing stuff at riders like at 0:29? It seems like it happens in a lot of your videos and is always funny. In that "Thursday ride" video by Seb at like 3:20 someone throws something right under you as you sidehopped.

Peace has an invitation to come throw tantrums with us Colorado rejects. ;)

11. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

That was a great vid, I thought. Awesome riding with equally awesome editing. I always look forward to seeing your vids :).

12. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

another top notch vid alex, well done.

13. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Awesome vid mate, sweet editing, sweet riding.

Peace! Got a bit better since the OneTwo vid of you or what?!? And what bike are you riding?

Loved it, keep em coming Al.

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:ugh:

15. Peace

Peace pedocrab

zoo pitbull painted black, im glad someone esle thinks im gettin better cos i dont.
    yeah that was one of my WET fuckin grips so i was throwing them around to make them dry faster, i thought it was the mouse cursor in the vid till simon pointed it out to me as a grip haha im slow...
    Yeah im sure the salt water aint great for it, but nothing just dissolves. just spray it with fresh water after and then oil her back up... I should have dont that a few days ago now....
    Peace

16. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

Rain was a pain in the ass.. sprinkled so we sessioned this log then it bucketed down for a few minutes. Then I broke my cable in the shifter after a stupid fall... which put an end to my riding for the day :(

However this did mean that I got to use Alexx's shiny new camera and take some of the shots you see before you- SO i guess some good did come out of it.

17. esfrost

esfrost New Member