VanIsleTrials4 (aka AntiTrials4)

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by BrettM, Apr 19, 2004.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

http://videos.observedtrials.net/Van_Isle/VanIsleTrials4.mpg

New name, same shady video series.

The 4 main riders are the perv, Joe McMahon, Mike Bentham and myself. A few other guys thrown in. A decent mix of urban and natural. If you don't already know the name of the song than you don't deserve to know so don't ask!

Let me know what you think.

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

awesome. really great riding in there. fun looking spots, some big moves int here. good to keep seeing fresh stuff form up north. keep up the good work

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I love this vid Brett, you have got some really sick moves, really showing everyone you're not just some street rider. You can kick ass riding trials too! Bentham's style is awesome, he's so flowing, definitely reminds me of Leech in manifesto. I can't wait until he finishes his new site up. He said he's going to have a nice five minute vid too :D I thought the music fit in very well, or maybe that was just because you did such a great job editing it. I think this is probably my favorite vid you've put out so far, though I'm sure the footage you get from AOTK will make for a vid overflowing with style. As with the rest of your vids, this one will be saved in my trials folder for future review :D. Keep up the good work.

Bill

4. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

a million dollars cnd eh? that like what, 24 dollars and like, 32 cents american, give or take a dime, just fucking with ya, great vid, liked it alot, at first when you were riding on those rocks i was like man, i remember brett being so much better, then bam, shit hit the fan and my mouth dropped, very nice riding..........

5. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I've never really wanted clips of me riding natural in videos before. So you are gonna have to bear with me a little bit as I start throwing a bit in. Those rocks are a little harder than they look but with low light and a tripod 30 feet back no one knows. 90 % of my riding is done with a tripod because I ride a fair bit by myself and when I'm with people I only trust a couple people to get the right shot.

And as Bill said there is our first comp next weekend. Usually aboots 70 riders (no non bc guys usually attend) and I plan on doing a pretty chill vid just showin some sections and some post comp stuff. Probably no music. Have a rider in it I hope that no one has ever seen footage of before and is my pick to beat John this year for top pro in BC if anyone does.

6. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Your crash scared me Brett.

But you had some awesome rail stuff.

I liked the vid. " There's almost a million dollars here" hahaha that was funny. looks like about 600 dollars. Am I close.

7. BrettM

BrettM New Member

There's actually around 4 grand Cnd. Joe was on his way to buy another 4x4. He has 3 now. This time it was a Toyota truck. It's tough to see but there are a ton of 50's. Not many 20's.

First try at the rail I went a lot faster than I needed to and just messed it up all together. Even the second try I went too fast but it worked good enough. Sorta wish I had a filmer to get the full crash, but its kinda cool how it just goes out of the screen.

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

sweet video, you guys go huge! and you do it with style and the smooveness

9. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

There was some cool stuff in that vid, nice to see some human riders for a change...Mike Bentham is so super smooth, I can't believe he rides a Brisa so well...

whatever...

So what was that song then? I don't normally listen to rock so I have no idea but strangely it wasn't that bad...

10. BrettM

BrettM New Member

ACDC - It's a long way to the top

11. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I love this vid Brett, you have got some really sick moves, really showing everyone you're not just some street rider. You can kick ass riding trials too!

"not just some street rider"? What does that mean? Different strokes, different skills...

12. Cole

Cole New Member

Nice Brett. Definitely liked bunnyhop to the rail and your crash. Keep it up.

13. OTAdmin

Well Dan, it wasn't meant as an insult to street riders, you, or Brett. If you look back through a lot of the vids with Brett in them, most of the time he's featured doing manuals and other streety type stuff. Brett and I talk a bit online so there are some things I know about him that most others probably don't. Such as: Brett actually loves to ride natural and prefers it to other trials riding, he's planning on starting to show that more in vids, which is why I made a specific comment about how this vid really did feature him doing more trials riding than most of his previous vids. I just wanted to point that out for Brett and others that may not have noticed the subtle change. No offense meant Dan :).

Bill

14. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

No matt you are wrong and I hate you. Haha I was just being a dick when I made that comment. I am sure Brett likes natural, I love it and I never thought you were insulting him or me. You should know by now I am a sarcastic dick so in reality, its your fault...haha

15. OTAdmin

:wtc:

16. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

Great video, wicked hops. I can't believe how easy you guys make it look, just like this guy > :joshers: Keep up the good work :bigthumb:

17. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

Great editing and great riding, very nicely put together indeed. Nice to see Mike Bentham riding.

Could have done with some more bails in at the end? The kinda bails were you stop the music and just hear the sound of the crash, and the screams of pain or whatever, i think it would have addedd a bit more diversity to the vid, like you did with Joe and his cash.

18. BrettM

BrettM New Member

One day I'll make a quick little crash only video maybe? No music. I have quite a few good ones saved up that I don't have much use for.

19. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

:eek: What can I say... fucking nice video, eh!

Good job guys! Like said before, you guys make it look so easy... :bigthumb:

By the way, what's the name of that song? It's by AC/DC isn't it?

20. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Ya. I posted it above. It's called it's a long way to the top.