V!Z bikes

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Yurich, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Yurich

Yurich New Member

sorry if it's old news....anyway, TryAll may have some competition.

http://vizbikes.com/

check out the rims!

2. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

oh my god

it's...a...monkey...

[​IMG]

other than that these appear to be rebadged try-all/alex rims. Although eyeletted, which is nice, especially if they're priced competitively.

- Joel

3. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

They're rebranded Tryall rims with eyelets, and an extra color option. They also have a new site, http://www.vizbikes.co.uk, but it's down for maintenance at the moment.

Specs and prices here, from a previous thread, scroll down to post 33: https://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=8734&page=2

Getting one of them to north america would be more hassle and money than it's worth, so unless they get a north american distributor Tryall still have the market here.

4. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

those bars look sexy, i'd rape the blue one.

if they were a harder aluminium than the tryall rims then they're onto something, what is the likely-ness of that?

5. Elan

Elan steve french

they are the same exact thing but have eyelets, which is probably a $1 option per rim from the mfg. so the likliness is 0.

6. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

I am digging that booster though

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Zowie those are some really innovative products there.

:hsugh:

8. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Ditto what Andy said... its a Pazzaz catalogue part, Onza have sold that booster for a couple of years now.

And the eyeletting is a manufacturers option yeah.

Im working on Onza, trying to get them to push the far east to make the 47mm rim out of 6061T6 (same material as Alex DX32)... will let you know how it goes...

9. netto

netto New Member

what about 42mil
    47 seems a bit too wide to me

10. Peace

Peace pedocrab

50mm please and a 40mm drilled to the shithouse for the front.
    hey when do you reckon somone ludicrous will make a carbon rim? yes i know road bikes have em.... but for trials.... seeing as we have a lot more innovative parts manufacturers than anyone would think...
    Peace

11. atypical

atypical Guest

I wonder too about the carbon rim. In order to make it strong enough for me it'd prolly have 96 spokes, that'd look pimp. I rode the SPIN three spoke 26" rims made about 5 yrs ago- carbon fiber with aluminum brake track-- broke(like a crack and flat spot) the rear on a 3' drop about 10 miles from home and had to walk back. They went out of business a short while later, too bad b/c they made some sweet wheelchair rims that I might need sometime in my life.:x:

12. netto

netto New Member

u cant grind a carbon rim

13. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

You can if its got an aluminium braking surface...

14. bwagner

bwagner New Member

not that anyone here is a big Brisa fan, but they sell that exact booster, and you CAN get IT here in the states. Just with thier logo instead of the V!Z logo. Has anyone ever looked through one of those huge Taiwanese manufacturer guides they send to bike shops?? Almost 85-90% of our "Specially designed" trials stuff is sourced from over there, and can be bought for pennies compared to our "Branded "stuff. Onlt issue is that we'd have to order a whole sea container full of it to get it here!! Damn it Sucks to be poor as dirt.

15. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

do you happen to know any of these "Taiwanese manufacturer guide" book names?

16. bwagner

bwagner New Member

pics won't upload!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  17. bwagner

bwagner New Member

http://www.biketaiwan.com/ is one of the bunch. they have a ton of trials spec stuff, just search around the site. Not just trials stuff either, but most of our cool freeride stuff as well.

18. average mike

average mike Guest

I have that brisa booster. It is really stiff, and light. I like it.