v-brake adaptor for 4-bolt mounts...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by unlimits, Oct 21, 2004.

1. unlimits

unlimits New Member

could you tell me many places where I can find this kind of adaptor to fit v-brakes on a magura frame? are they good or they could be mild?

2. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

or do a search for my thread on this forum. you'll need a booster with adapters, they add a bit of flex. they work well enough.

3. unlimits

unlimits New Member

That was fine, but I don't know if I could make one because of the thread of the hole, are it sold separately in a local bike shop? so, I would like to know shops with them to have more options...

4. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Not easy to find

It's not goingto be easy to find at your local shops. They're not to common an item, so you'll most likely have to special order them. All of the threads used are pretty common metric sizes though, so if you have access to machinery, you can most likely make some yourself. Also, there are a few different designs on the market now, a few even incorporate the booster below the brakes, so that you don't need another on top like normal, I'll try to find a picture or two for you today after I get off of my normal 7-3 job!! Good luck on this.

5. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

physics says that idea sucks, unless you're on a new xtp or coust, or maybe pitbull.

6. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Old suspension fork crown (with built in brake mounts) + hacksaw + angle grinder + drill + 5mm drill bit + round file + two M5x12/15 bolts = stiff and cheap adaptor :)

7. unlimits

unlimits New Member

I've found some of them, but only very few in shops in internet. I think he refered to the one of the picture with an own booster (that's the only one I've found with booster) I haven't thought about using the booster of an suspension fork and it could be a good idea, but i haven't got an old one.
    I'll go to a shop and ask if i could but the bolts with threads and then weld an structure...

8. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

I have some if you need them.... PM for more details... I wouldn't want my thread to be deleted for advertising...

9. unlimits

unlimits New Member

I've asked to the shop and the sell the bolt to be welded. So I could buy a pair and cut them and weld them to a piece of metal and make the shape like the ones of the pictures. If you have an advice (you've learnt when making them) tell me please...

10. B1105

B1105 New Member

Does anyone know if that Identiti brake adaptor will work on 4 bolt mounts? I dont want to run maggies on my 4 bolt frame, but I dont wanna waste $30 on those if they dont work.

11. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

I've seen the identity one ran on a px tibo straight up, the spacing was the same on that frame. If the spacing is off for the mounts on other frames, the adapter can always be cut and used without the arch. Then a booster could be bolted to the top 2 4-bolt holes if you want more bracing.

12. BAM

BAM Guest

Which Identiti adapter was it? BTI lists two brake adapters, one for the 666 and one for the Dr. Jekyll. Has anyone tried using one of these to replace the adapter on the PX pitbull? BTW, if you found it for $30 that is a goood price as the wholesale price is $25.

13. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea, no I get it for wholesale, but I was figuring shipping costs. I think I may give those a shot