utorial For Video Compression.

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by alexm, Aug 24, 2004.

1. alexm

alexm Member

Tutorial For Video Compression.

Ok, i did this for a friend but i may aswell post it here. if you dont use premier to edit then disregard those pics. This is what i do to make a video and compress it.

While you are looking at the pictures, download these. You will need them when you want to compress your final video. 'Right Click and Save Target As'

http://canberratrials.com/videos/TMPGEnc-2...58.169-Free.zip [ 1.7mb ]
    http://canberratrials.com/videos/DC.mcf - Settings [ 5kb ]

Pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

feel free to ask any questions. i tried my best to expain.

Alex

Last edited: Aug 24, 2004
    1 person likes this.
  2. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Woohoo i feature.

No excusses not to post decent quality vids now.

3. enron

enron Guest

Good work !!!! :bigthumb:

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Good stuff Alex.
    I had no idea how to do any of this stuff, and the videos I edited using premiere ended up being 1 or 2 hundred mb's in size. When I make my next one, I'll give all this stuff a try. Thanks for posting it

5. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

Just also on another note: I use a program called PowerDirector (Very easy to use and has some feature like ADOBE) after you are done with the video edit in power director, it will save as a avi, stream, mpeg 1 and mpeg 2, then you can use the TPMGEnc and compress it even more without loseing quality in movie....will post screen shots if you like

6. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

Ieeee... neither the pics nor links work... Can someone help?

7. alexm

alexm Member

My website is down at the moment. It should be up in a few days, at worst on the 1st of next month. Sorry for the hassle.

8. PJL

PJL War is Peace

Hey everyone,
    I've been using TMPEG for the last few videos I have made, and recently I discovered something that might be useful for others using this software. Anyway, the problem I was having was that to have TMPEG recognize the Microsoft Avi file, you had to use 'no compressor' in Premiere, which created files that were approximately 2GB per minute. If I tried to use the Microsoft DV compressor like AlexM has shown in the instructions, TMPEG would not recognize the file as compressable and give an error.

To get around this you need to go into the menu Options->Environmental Settings, then click on the VFAPI plug-in tab. Right click on the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader, then click 'higher priority'. Do this until it has a priority of 1.

After doing this you can use the Microsoft DV AVI compressor that Alex shows in his tutorial.

I found this info at this site. It also explains how to compress the video straight from Premiere without making the large AVI file first. I haven't tried this yet but this is an even better solution than what I described above.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Cheers,
    PJL

9. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

Site still down Alex? I would like to look at stuff.

10. alexm

alexm Member

Well shit, i was cleaning out some of the files from my site because i was running low on bandwidth and i erased those pics. I'll try tonight to get some pics for you all with explanations and i will upload them to here. I will do what PJL described with first compressing it "no compressor" style because mine no longer works the other way, and i will try to do it straight from premier aswell. Thanks PJL!!

11. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

danke mates! As a Canadian, I'm the bastard child of all cultures!

12. alexm

alexm Member

can we delete this thread? all of the important info from this thread has been put in the new version. thanks

13. breakoutstout

breakoutstout New Member

what's this new version? how do you get those screen shots to show up?

14. alexm

alexm Member

15. martin_grainger

martin_grainger Guest

sorry, im lost, i dont understand any of this...could someone explain how can i compress my video that i made on windows movie maker.....im not to clever:run:

16. alexm

alexm Member

What exactly are you having trouble with? Are you able to export your windows movie maker movie as an uncompressed file?