US Riders Pimp Slap Naysayers

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by WhiteRavenKS, Feb 29, 2004.

1. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

Just got word from across the pond that our riders took a hard swing with the back o' they handz across the grills of the world's naysayers at the German UCI indoor event! Everyone rode incredibly well and completely shut down all the people saying we cant ride in uci for beans. tons of people (riders, coaches, etc.) made tons of comments on how much we are improving as a country... way rad.

at this event the 20 and 26 classes are combined into one overall class for each age group (ie, elite, junior, benjamin, femina). did i mention there were over twenty thousand people who attended this big multi-sport event this weekend? yeah- that's beyond cool.

Mike Schiovone (sorry, i know that is probably spelled wrong) rode very well in the junior class and got 30th overall in his first uci event ever- dope. matter of fact i might go so far as to call that diggity-dope.

Tony Fernandez rode very well and placed 24th out of 32 (?) in elite! yes, his first time in elite- awesome tony... "hella" awesome :bigthumb:

Big Ballaz:
    Kurt Mason rode well enough to qualify for the finals on saturday with a 10th place seed... aparantly he wasnt satisfied with that double digit crap and rode his grommit butt off to get 8th in the finals in benjamin overall! can someone say "limitless future in the sport" ?

Jeremy "Needs No Introduction" VanSchoonhoven gave his deraillure a solid smacking and had to ride with some major frustration on saturday but still made the last qualifying seed in 12th place. Filled with rocket sauce and pure motivation he rode to an amazing 5th overall in elite finals! that's translates into 3rd in 26"!!! who beat him you may be asking? thomas ohler won and this guy some people have heard of from belgium... Kenny B. - amazing Jeremy! there were some big playaz out there too, Jeremy beat out the likes of Roger Keller and Stephan Moore and many other big names to get his bad self on the podium.

sweet.

2. Pancho

Pancho New Member

OMG

Am I mistaken, or is this the first time any American has ever even made it into the finals?

WHOOOOHOOOO

3. WhiteRavenKS

we have never made finals at the world championships but we have before at a world cup i believe... someone like say... Jeremy! yeah he's a shade better than most.

4. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I believe many years ago Lenosky and Chris Clark (as a jr.) both podiumed (or did they both win?) I forget the details at some UCI event...maybe I can find that info somewhere

*update*

and let me quote from jeff's site
    "The Polish Indoor Championships took place today in Brzeszcze a small town about 40 km from Cracow. The international field boasted top riders from Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, and The United States of America. Jeff Lenosky of the Schwinn Toyota Mountain Bike Team won the Senior 26" Class and his riding partner Chris Clark of Team GT took first in the Junior 26" Class. This accomplishment marks the first time that an American rider has won a UCI sanctioned trials event on foriegn land. The event was covered by local media and 15 minutes of competition footage was aired on a Polish Television Show "Moto Bicycle ABC.""

holla east coast

5. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Wow, congratulations to everyone! Sounds like we made a really great showing over there. I'm supremely impressed by Jeremy's 3rd place, way to go man!

6. WhiteRavenKS

i dont want to knock jeff and chris because they are both great riders but i do want to boost up these four guys- there were a ton of big names and lots more riders at this one in germany- something to keep in mind :bigthumb:

7. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Thats cool and all, but still east coast, hollaaaa oh wait Kurt Mason is east coast, hollaaaa

8. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

was that the comp from this weekend in Saarbrücken, Germany??? If so I was supposed to compete at that event but some last minute crap prevented me from going...I didn't know US riders were going to be at that one!

wait, this has to be some ancient history...

9. WhiteRavenKS

it was indeed the one in Saarbrücken.

10. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

That is AWESOME about Jeremy getting 5th overall...

Does anybody have a link to the UCI schedule? Mine must be wrong or something...

11. Elan

Elan steve french

12. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

13. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

good job! good to see north america is getting better. any pics or vids?

14. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

:werd: :)

15. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

:werd:

16. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

dan,

me and kurt were both reppin the east coast!

mike s.

17. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

Congratulations Mike. You repped the Gaylords quite nicely.

Sean

18. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

:werd: :werd:

19. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

oh sorry mike didnt know you were east coast, thats cool then. Holla at you. Well thats the last time I use that word, hopefully.

20. maxxistrials

maxxistrials Member

I will be posting a video of the qualifying round and the finals soon and later today i will put up pics from the qualifying rounds.