Urban Video(s) featuring the 767 Fork

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by biketrials25, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

Ironically I just finished a video that has been in the works all summer. And believe it or not that ridiculous looking, unpractical fork held up to all the abuse.

Well, I guess considering that I was riding the fork, it couldn't have seen too much abuse. Considering my weight is over 200# and the biggest drop I did was 7' 6" (I hate big drops… they are pointless). I thought I would save Andrew David the trouble of posting about how unworthy of a product tester I am... :)

On another note I did something a little different with the video. You will know what I'm talking about when you start watching it... I think that the final product was good, but I'm sure there will be others who think differently.

And if you couldn’t figure it out the music is by Otep.

Here is the direct link:

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bike-trials/otep_04ridelow.wmv

For those who like the simple, right to the point videos here is another version (sorry it is hosted via www.eengoedidee.nl, I'm out of space)
    Music by Blink 182.

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bike-trials/blink_04ridelow.wmv

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I had to mute it before my head exploded. That is the worst band I've heard in my entire life.

Also, you don't seem like a good product tester, sure you may weight a bit more than your average bear, but I didn't see a single tap or gap to front wheel. Any company that is truly interested in testing their forks should send their fork, along with two self addressed stamped boxes to Kevin Shiramizu. He destroys forks.

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I DLd the one from your site with the music vid edited into it....DLin the other one now....good editing.

I dunno, didn't seem like there was too much stress to the fork except with that one segment where you were doing front wheel hops(I didn't see any taps...but maybe I wasn't paying attention enough, LOL).....but I don't think the initial purpose of that video was to show the fork, it was to show you riding....either way, I think you somewhat got your point accross. Now how about you let some other people test it, so they can give thier own opinion on it. That the 100% way to get some feedback from it....

**edit** Bill can type faster than I can....

4. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

Keep the compliments coming!

5. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

"Now how about you let some other people test it, so they can give thier own opinion on it. That the 100% way to get some feedback from it...."

The biggest issue is product insurance... And until I have a good policy I will be the only tester... It is all in the works... I just never realized how much insurance would cost. FYI: It is not that I don't have faith in our product it is the LAW we must have insurance!

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Why not send out a disclaimer with the fork if you're that worried?

7. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

Disclaimers mean nothing in court unless they are notarized buy both parties, by the same notary. That tends to be a problem... After seeing what happen to Grove Innovations I have a hard time trusting people’s word when it comes to this kind of thing. Unless I know them well...

8. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I'm sure disclaimers hold validity in court, signature analysts, etc will all be used....if that were the case, any kind of disclaimer online, or product disclaimer you sign can be brought to court if something went wrong.....

Although, I know with a good lawyer anything is possible.

9. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

I was told by our lawyer that a majority of disclaimers are just to make people think they just signed away there rights. They can always say "I didn't sign it" and you're over. It is all about hard proof not peoples word, which is a shame. Oh well that is enough legal talk....

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I put more stress on my cruisers fork riding down to the bars.

I liked the music and editing alot- good vid...but girls can't be hardcore, no matter how they sing- she still accepts it into her.

11. B1105

B1105 New Member

Ok, video wasnt bad, but that wasnt music, it was noise.

12. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

13. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah...why don't you just send a fork over to Kevin. I'm sure he's well aware of the risks of riding a proto fork. And I don't he's a douche to go suing you if it breaks....

And I'm pretty sure if you wanna get real ghey, it would probably be dropped in court if he did try to sue as it's a known fact Kevin breaks all forks......

So stop procrastinating and send him one....it could work wonders for you...as I don't think many will pay the amount for that fork unless you have credible testing behind it...

14. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

I'm still practicing the front end moves (slaps, hooks, etc). Maybe if I can find a whore to film next weekend I will try and please the masses with some front end moves. My problem is a lack of people to ride with/film with, so all the filming was done by miscellaneous females that though we were going to do something the next morning. But instead I made them film and ride with me. No wonder none of them ever called me back, one day a chick will like trials. Oh yeah, my brother filmed some too.

15. poutine

poutine Guest

Learn nose hops to test your fork.........................

16. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

that fork has some sick rake to it huh?

and that chick souds like a dead guy.

17. LukeBTRaven

LukeBTRaven Guest

leave the dude alone man he got it for a reason has he not? so stop complaining if you can do a better job send in your info to a company if not then leave him be also very good vid enjoyed the riding and everything!

i go through stuff mad but i not fussed he not hopin to front wheel!

18. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

ed, how do dead guys sound? ive never heard one say a word?:dunno:

19. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

You can actually sue, lets say a friend who gives you a fork that fails after some riding?

20. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

like that chick "singing".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.