Urban/Trials Ride Friday 6/18

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Trialsaddict, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Trialsaddict

Trialsaddict I have no idea.

For anyone interested that watches this post, we are doing our weekly urban / Trials ride at 7:30pm this Friday. Meet at the Hooters parking lot down town Dallas. Bring a few bucks for parking, and maybe some beers and food afterwards at hooters.

Everyone is welcome. All levels/skills/bikes.

John

2. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Trialsaddict, where about in Fort Worth are you located? Since gas is ridiculous lately I havent been able to justify nightly runs to Dallas for group rides anymore. If youre in a part of Fort Worth that isnt too far maybe I could come up there and ride sometime.

3. Sonic

Hmmm, apparently Im attending two weddings on Saturday in DFW, according to my wife. We might head in Friday night, if we're not doing anything with our fathers Ill come out, Ive wanted to hit so many downtown spots again. Have they let anyone back in Pegasus Plaza yet?

4. Trialsaddict

Im right outside of Fort Worth actually. South Arlington. Let me know.

5. Trialsaddict

Don't know. I'm still new to the area, so I'm not too familiar with names... We don't have any trouble down there though. Fun rides with about 10+ peeps.

6. Sonic

Ah, so the south eastern edge huh? Sounds like you might be close to Stan. Ive got to find something in south Fort Worth so I can meet with you or him sometime. Stan and I have talked about it a few times, but other than the water gardens there's not much to ride there I guess, I need to go looking...

7. Trialsaddict

I hear ya. I haven't been to DT Fort Worth much yet, but I hear its lame.... I would think on the south side in the industrial/warehouse area, there should be stuff...

8. jbrooks

jbrooks Guest

I'm so there!
    It's been years since I've ridden downtown D.
    Last weekend I was in Plano and hit Iesenburk's Skate Park.
    That was a lot of fun... Maybe Saturday I'll do it again.
    Anyone interested in skatepark on Saturday?

-Jeremy

9. kamil

kamil Guest

what about some real trials on real rocks? anyone down for natural.

let the boycott begin.

an urban ride in dallas:

"hey look there's a ledge.. it's just the same as the one we have been sessioning for 30 minutes 2 blocks north from here"

"yeah this is awesome.. you wanna try it"

<ride up the ledge drop it 5 different ways>

<ride another 2 blocks>

"oh man! look at that ledge"

"yeah! it's exactly the same height but made of a new concrete, lets session it"

"sounds good..."

10. Sonic

Im all for natural, but Ill also go where the riders are since I never get to ride with anyone here. At the same time, if we're riding at night, urban is one of the only things to do, and often night time is the best time for some people to get away from work/family, etc.

But we all know what lurks in the city that you fear, for dogs love them, kids uncap them on hot summer streets, and kamil uses them as a skewer, they are the steel rectal plugs you know as fire hydrants. :D

11. Trialsaddict

Oh man thats funny. LMAO.

12. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

hahaha good one dustin!

I am going to be leaving Del Rio for a road trip soon, anyone up for a day of riding not in fucking dallas?

13. Patrick

Patrick New Member

sorry, but I have to chime in here regarding Ft. Worth. I've had some awesome rides in downtown Ft. Worth.. The office buildings around the convention center have some cool stuff, and then there is some really cool lines on the north side of town. I think it's by the courthouse. Tons of gaps, skinnies, drops, etc...

Kamil: pretty funny stuff.. that is exactly how urban rides go in downtown! especially the ledge in the westend. People LOOOVE that thing.

Has anyone tried riding the Cisco campus in Richardson lately?

14. Sonic

Patrick, I was biting my tongue as I typed those Ft. Worth comments because I knew you might see it. At least I followed up with "need to go looking..." I still havent forgotten how much you said exists in Ft. Worth. Ill remember the courthouse. :Sonic:

As far as this ride goes, Im still working on coming out tomorrow...

15. jbrooks

jbrooks Guest

Can I get a ride to Plano after the ride from someone?
    My wife will be dropping me off at Hooters on our
    way in from Austin and taking the car elsewhere.

TIA,
    Jeremy

16. Trialsaddict

Jeremy,

Not sure about the ride issue. I would, but I go the opposite way, and I already have a 30 min drive.

17. Hardline

Hardline Member

I think Steve Hile lives that way and he will be there. I will post it up on the local board and maybe someone will get ya home. I will let you know if I hear anything. JJ

18. Trialsaddict

Jeremy,

This is a response from our local forum. "I could give him a ride... I will be staying in richardson friday night so its not that far away...

send me an email [email protected] "

Hope that helps.

John

19. Hardline

Hardline Member

That Cole guy is the guy buying my hookworm tires. Cool.

20. Trialsaddict

Coolness. What up JJ.