Urban Bike Question

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by B1105, Nov 9, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

I figure there are many bike riders here,s o why not ask.

I'm building an urban hucking bike, really jsut to launch off stairs and other retarted stuff like that, prob not much "street" riding since im terrible at it.

I'm debating whether to go 24/24 or 26/26 or 26/24 for wheels. I'm lacing Alex Dm24 rims to some Woodman LTC hubs, so my question, which wheel sizes should I go for?
    I like 24/24 i guess since it would be a new feeling, and i guess 24s are a bit stronger, but if anyone has an opinion, thatd be awesome. I also kinda like the idea of more manuverability with the 24s

thanks
    byron

2. Elan

Elan steve french

i would experiment with 24" wheels if i were building an urban bike myself.

3. Megamo123

Megamo123 No more megamo!

I have a p.3 with 24 inch wheels. Best thing ever did to that bike. Manuels soooo easy!

4. greyghost

greyghost Active Member

24's, no reason not to with a street bike. Ridin skateparks is so much better with smaller wheels, not to mention you can build 'em up super beefy.

5. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

i had an 02 norco 4hun, 26/24, it was an awesome bike, i prefered the 24 on the rear rather than a 26 when i tried one on

6. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Manuel is very easy, dirty little spanish boy he is.

7. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wow...

8. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

i loved my 24's i had them on almost every bike ive owned..... my woodman, dk, 243 they were great.....i still miss them for certain things, manuals, and spins are def easier w/ the smaller wheels

9. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

before, riding 24 was so pointless cuz the tire choices were so limited, but now that jumping and urban is bigger, 24 is the way to go -- and yes, manuals r SOO easy! i was at one point considering putting 24s on my trials rig, but that didn't fly.

the PX pitbull is nice and strong and not too expensive, the brodie b-team is pretty good, there's lots of good urban frames out there... but back to the issue, 24s ARE a little stronger, definitely go with 24!!

good luck!