upgrading to a mod.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by redneck_biker, Jun 30, 2004.

  1. redneck_biker

    redneck_biker Guest

    68
    0
    0
    Ok so i have a stock. Have had it for 3 weeks now. By this time next year i would want to get a mod trials bike. Would this cost alot of money to do and should i just stick with a stock trials. I really like mods better. But i mean it would be alot cheaper if i just stuck with a stock. I am pretty short for my age. I am 13 and like about 5 foot 2. It would probably be easier if i got a smaller bike cause it would be easier for me to whip around. Would this be a good idea, is it hard to go from a stock to a mod.
    Thanks.
     
  2. Andreas

    Andreas All About Trials

    1,308
    4
    0
    Sounds like you've already made up your mind, go mod.
    Cost shouldn't affect your decision too much in a matter like this, sell your stock and save up for a mod bike.
     

  3. Bloodhound

    Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

    743
    0
    0
    From personal expirience, iI think its a generally bad idea to plan ahead like that. You dont know what you will or wont want in a year, especially if you've only been in trials for 3 weeks. If you have tried a mod (properly) and feel you know all there is to know/understand about the differences between mod and stock, then make a decision and act on it asap.

    Financially, that depends what stock you have, it's condition, what mod you want, and how much $dinero$ you have to spend. I'm afraid thats really not an estimation anyone else can help you much with.

    Cant help you with your last question.
     
  4. redneck_biker

    redneck_biker Guest

    68
    0
    0
    well i have been a bmxer for 3 years. my bike right now is a norco evolve. i have been biking for 3 weeks but i mean i can trackstand for like 30 secs.
     
  5. jobottDMB

    jobottDMB New Member

    495
    5
    0
    In my opinion getting a mod is not a bad decision but if you have to sell your stock it might not be such a good idea. There are good things to say about each type of bike and there are advantages and disadvantages to each and having both would be great because each one helps improve riding on the other. You might end up getting the mod and missing your old stock but if you can afford to just get the mod without selling the stock and you can have both to train on. A good new mod costs around $1000 and the price of a used one just depends on who is selling it. I rode BMX for three years as well but I pretty much started on a mod and it was a better feel for me but eventually when I get the money I will purchase a stock, but I will keep my mod and train on both. I say go for the mod if you can afford to have both otherwise really consider what you would be giving up by selling you stock. Hope that helps.


    Jon
     
  6. Justin.L

    Justin.L Guest

    325
    1
    0
    upgrading? you mean downgrading.
     
  7. B1105

    B1105 New Member

    1,308
    5
    0
    I started on a PX Zebdi stock bike, and I will soon possess an Echo Team. I faced a similar decision. I plan on keeping both bikes, and basically whichever I seem to find more comfortable, I will keep and sell the other. Money isn't really an issue, but I really can't keep many more bikes as i have a few mountain(dh, fr, xc), ss, road and other random shit, and I won't have time to ride a stock and mod.