UK Videos

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Royaltrials, May 4, 2004.

1. Royaltrials

Royaltrials Guest

Right there seems to be some UK vs US debate going on at the moment. All I have done here is bring you a few current vids from the UK:

- Nick Goddard. Top editing and good riding. http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/bennifer/NickGoddardVidComp.mpg

- Bill Berridge. Aggressive street style and brit punk music. http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/bennifer/do-the-goon.mpg

- Craig Lee Scott. Rides mod for ZOO! bikes. http://www.craigleescott.co.uk/videos/Craig_Python.mpg

- Totaltrials. Phil Williams - rides for Echo UK http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/tripods/tripods_big.wmv

Some feedback on what you guys think of them would be good.
    Those are just a few of the better videos from the video comp that is currently going on over at Trials-Forum.
    I don't mean to start an arguement so don't get bitchy about it.

The main reason I started this is becuase I would like to see some US videos. I have seen a few of Andrew T's vids (he posted on trials-forum), and have had a look around this site. Could someone please post some links of some good US videos? Not competetion footage - looks all the same to me. I remember seeing a group of riders called BMF or something, any recent vids of them would be cool.

Cheers dudes.

2. Royaltrials

Royaltrials Guest

Shitters - didn't see the other topic on it already, sorry.
    I am currently downloading the FORKteaser before anyone suggests it.

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

The fork teaser is from canada. search this forum for the COTrials videos for american vids.

4. average mike

average mike Guest

Shiiitt!!! Nick Goddards video = sweeeet! super smooth style, i love it. Phils video was ok, the riding was sweet but i didnt like the editing, too many zooms and slow motion. Thanks for the links EDIT: just watched matts video, wtf was taht thing on his front wheel at about 1:47? Cool video though, nicks vid is still my fave though.

5. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Just by seeing the names and some of the videos (i really liked the street one) I guess my only comment is the top US riders either havent bothered, dont have time or dont care about internet videos. Look at Lenosky, he is riding more street and being put in DVD releases like Leech. Now what other top notch riders from the US (or even Canada) do we even see in videos?

For the most part none. The Trials Kings started a UK trend for top pros to put out videos. If you were to judge the American online video series' (Like BMF or Masstrials, whatever) you will for the GREAT most part be seeing expert level riders. Comparing apples to oranges really. There are a few pros who make appearances in some of the CO videos, but I cant say with full confidence the east coast pros are not shown in any of my videos...

6. Royaltrials

Royaltrials Guest

Haha the trialskings are just a bunch of teenagers riding for fun mate. UK pro's do not make internet video appearances. Although Ashton, Hawyes, Edd Tongue and Chris Akrigg are set to feature in a trials video due for release shortly. Much like their American/Canadian counterparts (Lenosky, Leech, JJ).
    Although the type of vids I'm looking for would be of trialskings nature - just top riders making vids for people to watch! Is that a rarity this side of the Atlantic?
    Adam

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

You have to realize that your COUNTRY is smaller than our state, and there are 50 of them. We have probably 1/2 the riders you do, with 30+ times as big of an area...which leads to fuck all for videos.

Those videos you posted are all nice, but pro...? Like elite? No.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Yeah and sorry my vids are shite, maybe I should put some sweet x-up drop offs and sick 5 pedal gaps to railings in it.

:rolleyes:

9. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

"Haha the trialskings are just a bunch of teenagers riding for fun mate" and also riding for small companies like Planet X and Ashton. My vague definition of pro was about sponsorship. How many of the videos released in the states have "riding for blank" in them? Next to none. And yet there are plenty of riders riding for trials companies. That was my point.

10. B1105

B1105 New Member

Just out of curiosity, Dan, are you sponsored by 661 and Maxxis? ALways wondered from your signature

11. Royaltrials

Royaltrials Guest

Jeez whats with starting an arguement? I never realised how small trials was in America, thankfully you have cleared that up. Would you say trials is more popular in Canada then? I have seen the MTT videos, and a few anti-trials vids. I also now realise that the US trials scene is based mostly around competetion or competetion style riding.

If you could make a vid with some sweet x-up drops that would make me horny.

Oh and Dan I'm sorry I mistunderstood your point. Nick Goddard is the only rider there not riding for some company in the UK. He rides expert at comps.

12. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

Royaltrials...thanks for starting an honest and interesting thread. ignore the clowns on this board like Clement Greenbaum who don't know how to have a conversation without arguing.

There were some cool US vids but I forget where to get them. I have them on my hard drive, one was called 1_11_04 and I think it was from some riders at a university in California, they may even have a more recent one...anybody help here???. The CO trials and Fort Collins series are also really good, get all of those. But for the most part it seems like there aren't as many US vids as UK vids, I suspect that will change soon as trials grows in popularity in the US. Yeah, and you never see US pros in videos for free download. Apparently they are too worried about marketing their image and they just can't give away their oh so valuable vid clips, which if they were smart they would realize how much more known and popular it would make them if they did. But they are too worried about being paid for a DVD appearance or something... All of the Spanish and French pros have no problems being in tons of free vids...
    Mike Bentham is the only "famous" North American pro to appear in lots of free videos.

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

No argument was meant in that post, sorry if you thought it was hostile.

Colorado has one of the more active trials scenes in the US. We have like maybe ~40 riders, and thats in an area larger than many european countries...To give you an idea, You can drive for 12 hours and still be in the same state! Try driving north east, non stop, for twelve hours starting in spain and see how far you can get...and you will realize how big that is, and think about how many riders there are in germany/spain/france just to start. In terms of active US pros, the only ones I can think of are jeremy van, mike steidley and shaun miller. No idea as to whethere JJ is doing anything, but he was always my favorite.

14. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

I heard JJ was out with a broken leg or something. I think he'd been riding a lot of street anyways. If he was still in comp mode like when he rode his crescent I think he would be one of the top riders in the world

15. AndyT

AndyT New Member

He also had one of the best attitudes, complete opposite of the majority of trials riders...as in the night before worlds in vail walking around with a bottle of jack yelling at people. I think he had some issues with his parents :eek:

mo-fucker could ride too...i know he always wanted to just to do mototrials but didn't have the money to get around and start up.

16. JK

JK New Member

Saw some American kid named Pat Smage ride once. I think he's about 12 or 13, and already riding at expert level. Plus there is Stevie Baia from Canada, who I think is about the same age. I imagine you will see a lot of these North American kids riding at a very high level in a few years. The scene is just a few years behind.

17. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

yeah, JJ has such an awesome style and is so good, he is also really nice to talk to. I really thought he was going to blow up on the world scene, I've been lucky enough to see him ride in person at several comps, especially at Raccoon Rally (the only US comp on par with the French UCI comps by they way...) he was amazing.
    The last time that I saw him he had suspension forks on his Monty 26" which looked rediculous...I hope he didin't go the way of the other US pros and quit trials in favor of street....

18. average mike

average mike Guest

Pat Smage is pretty cool. He is 13 or 14 i think and he did good in expert at motorama. he is on this board i think

19. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

Nick's video was brilliant. The introduction was really well made, im sure he's been influenced by skateboarding videos, the riding throughout was always good to watch, the editing was super good, nice use of all elements he input, the ending however was a bit lurched, i think he could have climatised and ended instead of ended in a completely different style to how the video started.

Id give it 25 out of 10, it was a great piece of media. It really was.

Twas also nice to see the 'early' Nick, back on the pashley, then moving to the Zebdi, i think that was a great additonal feature, it made the video much more diverse and kept me constantly amused...

the rail riding was cool as well, iv not seen ONE trials video with some rail riding like that, which was also a nice input from Nick, it made the video all that more original and interesting.

20. trialser

trialser New Member

Hello
    I am pat smage,and ya, i do ride expert.I also won the last youth motorcycle trials national championship and have a shot at the national expert support championship this year.I have a few vids i just need a good site to put them on.Know any?I am 13.
    pat