Observed Trials banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if a frame is shipped from the us to the uk will the custom or whatever they are charge tax?? cheers help really apriciated as it cld b m,e nu frame
chuddaz

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
well, I just sent a guitar to the UK...and the customs charge was $176.06, or 93 pounds..and that was for a guitar, not a bike frame

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tanner said:
well, I just sent a guitar to the UK...and the customs charge was $176.06, or 93 pounds..and that was for a guitar, not a bike frame
wow, that's ridiculous. it might be worth it for the UK'ers to just buy there :greddy:

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
I think it highly depends on the product value and if it is sent with a commercial point in mind or as a gift.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
The total value of the guitar? $800. My friend saved over 400quid buying from me AND paying for shipping

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I remember I bought a Hope headset from a Bike shop over in the UK cause they're not available in North America (damn Cane Creek Patents!)....when it arrived, I got no tariffs or taxes.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Cane Creek own Dia-Comp. Every threadless headset has to get rights($$$$) from Cane Creek to produce and/or sell a headset in North America, even King. So EVERYBODY has to pay for rights to Cane Creek.

And that's Hope's issue. I'm not sure if they don't wanna pay the costs or if they just think it's BS, but the Hope UK, US and Canada guys said they were having issues with Cane Creek and they're "not gonna even bother bringing the Headset to the North Amercian Continent. It's a shame too..." LOL, each of them said the same thing. I thought maybe it was just the US, but Hope Canada can't get it either. They said the only thing I could do to get it was order it from a LBS in the UK....LOL, that's what I did. It's a shame I couldn't use it on my Megamo.

·
Registered
238 Posts
to have my curtis frame shipped here it cost me around $240.
wtf was i thinking...

but it got here in 3 days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts