Tubes.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by CoppellStereo, Apr 18, 2004.

1. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

I was just curious what kind of tubes you guys use. I am using a beast downhill tubes for my 2.5" tires. :eek3:

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

Whatever is cheapest mostly. I don't concern myself with size either, if its 26" it'll work :).

Bill

3. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

4. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx New Member

Ayup.

5. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

nice, because the tubes i use cost a lot, and when it dies, then it sucks

6. oicdn

oicdn Look at my member...

I haven't heard of people getting a PF on the Michi....so that's the reason people don't use anything but shit tubes in them, cause anything else is just overkill and added weight that's definitly not needed.

7. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

I use strictly latex.....But lambskin for special occasions.

8. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

when i had my rear maxxis tire it was awesome, so i could get away using a 1" tube in it, never had any problems for the 8 months i had it. then it wore down to the casing, and me being so cheap didnt want to buy a new one, so i just took a 2.6 single ply kinetics from a friend, but had to use a biiig 2.7" dh tube in it because the tire sidewalls were so weak. and within a couple weeks had pinched it already. man i miss that tire.

so yea, get a good tire and it wont matter what tube you run. you can save lots of weight by using the weenie 1" tubes.

9. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

I'm 145 lbs and have gotten pinch flats in my michelin 24.1 comp 2.2 but I'm not very smooth and when it happens I usually hit the rim very hard. Anyway I haven't notice a difference between normal tubes and 1" tubes so I just use cheap 1" ones to save weight.
    Martin

10. Evant

Evant New Member

It's all about the hutchinson green tubes :bigthumb: , their a pure rubber compound so you can run lower presures than latex tubes, you just need to top off your PSI a little more often than latex (rubber losses more air thru osmosis than latex does. :barf: , not that quickly though)

available in a presta XC size and a schrader(sp?) DH size. their lighter than DH or TR tubes but a bit heavier than std tubes.

--e

11. valiumlaw

valiumlaw New Member

I used to use a WTB lightweight Butyl tube, with orange slime in it, that kept me going for a year with my El gato, when it punctured after a year (5mm split on the rim side) I replace it with a cheap substitute from my local bike shop, with an extended presta valve, 1.95-2.10.

On the front anything cheap will do.

12. average mike

average mike New Member

hehehhehheheh :hsugh: Normal tubes are fine, just get a good tire. My tryall and monty tires are really tall, so the valve didn't want to come through the hole in the rim, so i had to pull the valve up with plyers and then put the cap on. Then eventually the valve completely ripped out of the tubes, but i fixed that with a huge wad of duct tape in my tire, it makes a bump every time it hits the ground when i ride. yeah, that was random but it has something to do with tubes and im bored so ...

13. Elan

Elan steve french

i use an intesne DH tube. i am retarded and it weighs like over a pound.... any regular tube will work fine, i have seen proof, i am just too lazy to switch...

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

normal tube in the back (with michelin or a maxxis)

Thorn resistant in the front (with a hot S)...

15. ty

ty shizzle dizzle

i run the cheapest/highest quality tubes wal-mart has to offer. i used to run good tubes but got sick of buying them after a pinch or thorn.

16. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

nice... After careful consideration, I decided to purchase 5 tubes on Pricepoint.com for $5, since most of you guys run cheap tubes, why not the cheapest? :bigthumb: