Observed Trials banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to. Got 7 years of no riding to overcome. Have not been pushing myself to hard but so far I am maxing out at about 54" gap, and maybe 30 - 32" bunnyhop. Built a 4x4 balance beam, and short 4x4 to practice gaps in my backyard. Don't have anything height wise to work on side hops.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. My balance is still way off from what it once was. Trials is fun whether your an old pro coming back or just starting out. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Absolutely, you are right. At this age, i prefer the slow speed and patience rather than my experiences before which were bmx and mtb trails. Yet, trials skills will be the best to applied on creative mtb trails as well...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutely, you are right. At this age, i prefer the slow speed and patience rather than my experiences before which were bmx and mtb trails. Yet, trials skills will be the best to applied on creative mtb trails as well...
Yeah for sure. I came from BMX / Dirt Jumping / Skatepark background. I did have couple different trials bikes over the years. Just never really got into riding the comp trials bikes. Now that I have a street trials bike, it's what I have been waiting for most of my life lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
way back 1995 i saw Hans Ray doing stuff on TV, then fast forward to 2018 i never thought someone will give me a trials bike. Then i remembered that moment again... Black & white TV in a wooden case, hand driven channel switch and snowy reception...steel bicycle hopping on rocks...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In 1995 my dad bought us 2x Team Ross trials bikes. I was only 11, but rode the heck out of that thing. Remember breaking the stock cranks on it, and putting some profile trials cranks on it. Don't remember why I sold it, but had it for a good number of years. I was just on the small side for a trials bike at that time. My dad sold his just like 6 months after we got them. Then fast forward to 2011 I got an Echo 26" comp bike. Rode it for a year or so. Then my kids were wanting to start to ride, so I sold the Echo to get a dirt jump 26" mountain bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My first ever ride with trials bike on 2018...
Me: everything is wrong, everything is weird.
Non of my high speed skills works, no bunnyhop, riding all forward......

Then later on i was rewarded with my first acceptable rear wheel hop after 3 months...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts