Trying out my new Tryall

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by DaneBrammage, Feb 18, 2004.

1. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

The new rim was built up just today. Feels a lot better than the Rhyno Lite that was on there, like a 47mm compared to 29mm should. The most noticable thing at the moment is reprogramming my brain to use the new width.. just like if you went from balancing on a 1x4 to a 2x4 piece of wood. A DX32 (drilled) is going on the front, maybe tomorrow if my pal in Colorado sent me the package like he should have :)
    Thanks to everyone that posted about these rims in the past; it made the info very easy to find and sort out.

P.S. does anyone have a longish rigid fork they wanna sell? The one I have now is 390mm and I wanna go up to 415+

2. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

very sweet rear wheel! Have fun you will probably become 10 times better on your first ride.

3. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

[​IMG]

Heres what it looks like all completed. The first little practice session with the new rims-- and I had one of those moments where I felt a strong rush of trials being just the perfect thing to do with myself. I'm probably going to dump my internet connection very very soon but anyway, not before I say how cool its been to learn about these things from y'all.
    By now I'm pretty happy with the bike I put together.

p.s. I didnt like this forum at first but over time I grew to appreciate the 'keep it real' ness of it. Many thanks to you, once again. Condom breath.

4. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

That is some mad rise on that stem...

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

holy 45" high handlebars batman

6. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Its because I mistakenly chose a fucking 390mm fork when I first got the frame. I'm 6' tall and using a regular stem it felt like my nose was about to touch the front tire.. boosting up the front end from a roll was just too stinking hard. Its why I asked if anyone had a long fork in the first post of this thread. I'm trying to make up for it by using a stupid Mt. Everest stem until I get a longer fork. Its pissed me off for about 2 months now. I hate my fork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn I hate that thing. I repeat: if ANYONE has a v-brake compatible fork lying around at least 415mm long PLEASE sell me the bitch.

7. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Is that a Planet X? If so, what brakes are you running on the rear?

8. Tanner

Tanner New Member