Tryall pre-drilled rims - 26"

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by bonzai, Jun 3, 2004.

1. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

Anyone using these? If so, how do you like them? Are they better or worse than the Alex DM24 rims (with or without the drilleage)?

thanks.

2. airmj

airmj Guest

yea im also interested in gettin them for the rear, currently using rhyno lite xl, wonder if it's worth changing...

3. alexm

alexm Member

i am currently running the old, skinnier one and have been doing so for ~year. mine is no longer round although i love it. i won a newer fat one off graham that i think i will lace up next week. i think they are great rims. i dont know what the dm24 is. the try-all rim is a shitload wider which i think is nice. get one if you can afford it and are fairly smooth i suppose. my rim has taken a beating from my very unsmooth days and is still going strong if thats an indication of strength. get it laced correctly and you are laughing.

Alex

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

DM24 rims are great for the front since their relatively wide and light as hell. The Try-Alls are like 47mm wide versus the 32mm DM24 so you will def notice a difference. Getting a wider rim was something that I noticed a huge difference(weight wise and technique wise, I went from a 23mm rim to a DX32)

5. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

i am thinking about getting one for the front mainly to shave some pounds. The one I am thinking about getting is the 39mm wide front rim (http://www.thetrialsinshop.com/wheels.htm) Does this rim weight less than the DM24

I guess if they work for you - alexm then they should work for me.

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

The 39 weighs I think close to the DM24, I think its like 550 grams.

Byron

7. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

i think the 24 weighs 650 grams as it is a doublewall.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

new try-all front rim is 38mm, same as alex dx32. predrilled and many colors and holes. i ehar.
    rear is the same .

9. Raub

Raub Guest

So do you think one of the newer DX32-style front Try-All rims could work on the rear?

As the 47mm is rediculously big, and not much strength to show for it :(

10. Elan

Elan steve french

no. the front try-all is single-wall...definately not as strong enough for a rear, as a dx-32...much lighter though

11. airmj

airmj Guest

is the try all 26' for the rear double or single walled?

12. alexm

alexm Member

13. airmj

airmj Guest

i see...one more question, is the rhynolite xl double wall or triple? a friend of mine said it was triple since it was for downhill...

14. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

hahahahahah, thats a good one. anyways the ryno is a doublewall.

15. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

alexx- the DM24 is the one I am running on the front. It is good..

try-all rims look nice, lots of colours :)